Real Estate Investment Analyst/Associate – Metro New York office
The Real Estate Associate/Analyst position is an integral part of RAM’s real estate investment team as it underwrites and closes equity investments in residential development opportunities. Analysts/Associates also play a key role within the asset management team, monitoring investment performance and reporting to investors on a regular basis.
Primary Real Estate Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete Preliminary Investment Summaries for new project investment opportunities.
- Review and analyze project budgets including revenue segments; operating expenses; development costs to complete; debt obligations
- Review and analyze operating partner company financial statements including balance sheet, income statement and cash flows. Ability to interact with senior financial management to understand financials.
- Complete cash flows and valuation analysis; Discounted cash flow and other sensitivity analysis.
- Assist with project level due diligence including review and vetting of revenue/cost assumptions, market study review, engineering review, and other 3rd party reports.
- Assist with completion of Investment Memos for senior management and investor approvals.
- Interface with various third-parties, including partners, legal counsel, engineers, brokers, builders, investors and other advisors/consultants
- Develop and maintain asset knowledge through interaction with senior investment managers and operating partners.
- Track, review, and analyze project budgets and reforecast cash flows when necessary.
- Assist with completion of asset management reporting.
- Develop and track market knowledge for projects with external macro market data and competitive project data.
- BS/BA required. Major in real estate, business, finance, or accounting is preferred.
- 1-5 years of real estate industry experience; preferably residential development/finance, private equity, or equity/debt brokerage.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, financial modeling and cash flow analysis.
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis, asset valuation, real estate due diligence.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and disciplined work ethic.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task; self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Able to travel as needed.
- Flexibility to adapt to fast paced, changing environment.
Founded in 2014 by industry veterans Rodney Montag and John Lincoln, RAM Real Estate Capital provides equity to homebuilders and residential land developers through joint venture structures. RAM was established to take advantage of the slow but steady recovery of the U.S. housing market and to aid homebuilders and developers in achieving their capital growth objectives despite the cash-constrained environment. RAM is headquartered in New York with affiliated offices throughout the United States. For more information on RAM, visit
- Asset Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job