This position is focused primarily on the sale or financing of commercial real estate. In addition to the involvement in every stage of a transaction, including underwriting, preparation of offering memoranda and closing, the Senior Associate will train and lead analysts on both Investment Advisory and Debt underwriting. Will work in a high-energy, team-focused environment.
- Responsible for complex financial modeling of commercial real estate transactions including office, industrial, retail, multi-housing, hotels and utilizing market and HFF data/comps to correctly underwrite a transaction.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of investment advisory and financing packages, including financial modeling.
- Must be technically proficient in use of databases and be able to effectively utilize data to determine trends and prepare for pitches and meetings.
- Must understand and review real estate documents (leases, loan documents, appraisals, etc.) to determine if any issues exist and determine what could be a concern.
- Participate in weekly office meetings with Producers to discuss deal flow, deal status and market conditions.
- Have a strong understanding of how HFF's lines of business work together.
- Mentor junior associates and analysts in real estate underwriting / financial modeling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in a financial analysis environment; mortgage or commercial real estate industry preferred.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; able to interface with top-level executives.
- Strong ability to communicate analytical and marketing data effectively.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
- Ability to be an independent worker with a team player attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA is a plus, but not required.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Outlook, and Word.
- Expertise in Argus and Microsoft Excel
- Data base experience a plus.
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, including HFF, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with our recruitment process. We endeavor to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how we process your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy .
JLL, and HFF, are an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am(dot)jll(dot)com.
This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our page > I want to work for JLL.
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
5+ to 7 years