Universal Standard Housing (USH) is on the forefront of factory built housing, utilizing vertical integration and innovative modular technology. With more the 1,500 units in the pipeline USH is poised to become Los Angeles's premier modular multi-family developer. USH is a fast growing company looking to bring on motivated, creative, and innovative individuals ready to make a socially responsible impact on today's housing crisis.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives:
- Reports to the VP of Design and Development.
- The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the early design phases for all company projects including zoning analysis, fit plans, yield studies, master plans and other design related needs.
- The candidate will utilize existing company building standards to develop detailed three-dimensional models of each unit utilizing revit, fusion 360, archicad, vector works or other design software with the long term goal of 500 Level of Design.
- Prepare scale drawings of site, building layout, setbacks, floor plans and project summary information
- Assist Development Team with site identification, evaluation, and resolution of development obstacles
- The candidate will be responsible for generating multiple alternatives including floor plans and layouts for each site to determine best solutions for maximization of site, views, height and other zoning constraints.
- The candidate will be responsible for ongoing project design document review to confirm/ coordinate design aesthetic, constructability, and programmatic vision.
- The candidate will participate in design meetings including conceptual design process with Third Party Architects, Interior Designers, and Landscape Architects to ensure programmatic vision is maintained throughout disciplines.
- The candidate will continue the evolution and innovation of our typical units with the goal of increased efficiency in cost, schedule and/or quality.
- Provide plans and studies to Construction team for preliminary budgeting.
- Participate in developing soft cost budgets and schedules.
Qualifications, Skills and Education:
- Bachelor of Architecture or similar training required, Master of Architecture and certification strongly encouraged.
- 5+ years of experience in multifamily design preferred
- Knowledge of general construction practices and national, state and local building codes
- The technical knowledge of the candidate should support their conceptual abilities. A strong candidate can quickly determine what site constraints will limit the design and use this information to create a compelling solution.
- Extensive use of Revit or other 3d software is required
- Knowledge of project design and ability to read, comprehend and enhance project drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel
- Architecture / Design
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.