We are looking for a commercial property accountant with 5+ years of experience, A/P, A/R and G/L, accounting software experience, and intermediate Excel skills. This is a great opportunity for an experienced well-rounded accountant to work for a successful, well-established, and fast-growing real estate investment and management company.
The office is located in northwest Austin with easy access to the MOPAC and 183. Must be professional in appearance and demeanor to interact with investors coming into the office, as well as the rest of the staff.
Benefits include medical insurance, vacation/sick/holiday pay, and 401k.
Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 – 5:00.
- Accounts Payable including processing A/P from invoice to payment and handling vendor calls, reconciling vendor accounts
- Review work of AR and AP clerks
- CAM Calculations and Reconciliations
- Revising, Reviewing and entering Lease Abstracts
- Bank Reconciliations
- Accounts Receivable functions including applying payments to appropriate accounts, monthly invoicing, reconciling tenants’ accounts
- Prepare journal entries and General Ledger reconciliations
- Monthly and Quarterly financial close
- Coordinating with Tax CPAs and Auditors
- At least 5+ years of experience with full cycle A/R, A/P, and intermediate General Ledger, understanding of GAAP
- At least 3+ years of experience in commercial property accounting
- CPA or CPA-candidate preferred
- Experience using Yardi Voyager or Yardi Genesis II is required
- Intermediate-level Excel skills
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence
- Commitment to excellence, high standards, self-motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow, meet deadlines
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Accounting / Control
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.