EquityMultiple is seeking a highly motivated and entrepreneurial business development/originations professional to identify and cultivate deal origination relationships with real estate lenders and sponsors. The goal is to help secure programmatic partnerships with lenders and repeat relationships with sponsors to invest or co-invest into their transactions. EquityMultiple typically invests between $1mm and $5mm per transaction and co-invests across the capital stack (senior high yield loans, mezzanine loans, preferred equity and JV equity) and across property types and markets
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage existing and develop new relationships with lenders, owners, developers and investors
- Complete initial opportunity evaluation and analysis based on EquityMultiple underwriting standards
- Separate opportunities from activity
- Convert relationships into investment, co-investment and co-lending opportunities
- Attend and participate in industry conferences, symposia and other high level events
- Client development through EquityMultiple-sponsored events
- Work within a team framework to execute transactions
- Assist in negotiations with capital sources providing both debt and equity, where necessary
- Troubleshoot and help close transactions, where necessary
- Help establish and implement origination and sourcing protocols
- 3+ years’ experience in commercial real estate investment or brokerage capacity
- Proven track record of closing loans and / or preferred / JV equity investments
- Understanding of equity partnership / promote structures
- Previous experience in a mortgage brokerage, bank, fund, CMBS or investment banking, consulting or legal environment preferred
- Strong quantitative / analytical skills and writing ability
- Technology proficient
- Attention to detail / thoroughness / focus / determination / process oriented
- Likes and prioritizes work
- Commission based compensation package commensurate with experience including the ability to earn options. Draw amount against compensation structured to maximize entrepreneurial drive.
EquityMultiple is a leading online investment platform that is leveraging technology to help modernize the real estate industry. Together, our cross-disciplinary team is reimagining how real estate investments are sourced, underwritten and funded, connecting investors to a range of pre-vetted investments across the country. Since 2016, EquityMultiple has executed over 60 commercial real estate transactions with an aggregate value of over $1 billion. We are privately funded by leaders in the real estate and finance industries and strategically partnered with Mission Capital, a real estate capital markets firm that’s executed more than $70 billion in transactions. EquityMultiple operates nationally and is headquartered in NYC.
EquityMultiple is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Brokerage / Sales
- Business Development
This job is no longer active.