ESSENCE OF THE ROLE
- Train, manage and provide overall leadership to property managers in the performance of their responsibilities
- Overall management of supervised property management operations including policies, procedures, insurance, safety, and legal issues
- Provide oversight for the development and approval of the annual budgets
- Have a financial understanding and guidance of monthly variance reports. Ensure that all receivables are monitored and provide guidance to the property managers through any receivable litigation process
- Ensure tenant relations with property managers are consistent with established Realterm standard operating procedures and expectations.
- Provide overall leadership and direction of day-to-day management and have full knowledge and oversight responsibility for the management of Realterm logistics properties
- Actively participate in the acquisition due diligence process, including involvement in the management-related section of the underwriting process
- Provide regular updates to the investment/portfolio managers and principals
- Review and approve operational and capital budgets for each property. Be an active participant in formulating plans for strategic growth and repositioning of the portfolio
- Actively participate in the quarterly asset management reporting process
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with property management team to ensure properties are maintained in good operational condition and systems are properly maintained and tenant’s needs are addressed in a timely manner
- Oversee property related service contracts – if applicable
- Responsible for assuring that capital projects are completed on time and within budget in cooperation with the construction group and/or third parties
- Maximize the value of the assigned properties by finding methods to reduce costs and increase efficiencies of building systems and services.
- Responsible for assessing, developing and implementing short term, intermediate and long-term strategies which enhance value.
- Responsible for ensuring that property specific compliance requirements are completed including requirements of ground lessors, third party lenders, and bondholders, as well as any other investor requirements
- Participate in special projects within the assigned portfolio that may include evaluation (due diligence) of properties for acquisitions dispositions among other recurring and non-recurring events.
Tenant & Customer Relations
- Ensure property managers provide strong customer service to our tenants.
- Serve as senior level Realterm representative for logistics-based tenant contacts.
- Establish appropriate communication within tenant organizations and within Realterm to address administrative, leasing, and financial matters
- Manage tenant interface platform assigned portfolio
- Participate in Kingsley Tenant Satisfaction Assessment process and subsequent action planning
- Prepare property business plan/budget and work with senior management to reforecast R&M and capital expenses as necessary
- Provide monthly reporting to senior management regarding building operations and financial activity
- Complete annual property expense estimates and reconciliation process for assigned properties
- Ensure utilities are billed back to the tenants as required
- Monitor and Manage AR/AP for the assigned properties
Leasing and Marketing
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all factors affecting logistics market associated with the assigned portfolio in order to make critical decisions
- Keep involved with community affairs and business conditions that impact properties in the assigned portfolio
- Assist leasing and development with lease negotiations, property expense analysis, and operational implications
- Ensure tenant and emergency contact lists are current for assigned properties
- Implement emergency response plan at assigned properties
- Identify and address any FLS issues
- Ensure all environmental permits and inspections are up to date for assigned properties
- Ensure documents are properly maintained on the Shared Drive
- Ensure all SOPs are initiated and complete for the properties, including but not limited to: tenant and vendor COI’s, property inspections and move-in / move-out documentation.
- Supervise property managers and administrative staff
- Facilitate effective communication skills and direction
- Establish positive relationships with subordinates and other departments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ten (10) years of commercial/industrial property management experience required involving leadership and supervisory experience
Four-year college degree required, Masters preferred
Industry association designation preferred
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Working knowledge of Yardi preferred
Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Strong financial/accounting skills
Strong lease administration knowledge/experience inclusive of commercial leases
Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical and building systems
Ability to adapt to changing priorities
A dynamic leader with strong supervisory skills/personnel management
Effective communicator, trainer, and motivator
Self-motivated and independent thinker
Ability to prepare, review and assess business strategy and plans
Knowledge and experience of Yardi Voyager, Payscan or similar software required
Ability to read and understand construction drawings
Experience with the management of remote or off-site facilities preferred
Strong analytical and effective problem-solving skills
Ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple tasks
The position will work in a general office setting and may require travel up to 30% of the time based on organizational/business needs.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, Experience may be substituted for degree; CPM preferred
- Property Management
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.