We are seeking an Analyst-level CRE originations underwriter to be fully dedicated to our client, a New York City-based real estate high yield debt fund with assets under management in the several $Billions, that focuses on opportunistic turnaround deals across asset classes and across the country.
In this role, you will sit on-site at our client and work among their team. You will be responsible for the full range of responsibilities that goes with originating and structuring complex commercial real estate stretch senior mortgages, mezzanine loans, and preferred equity and some equity. You will take loans from initial inquiry through term sheet and collaborate with the underwriting team through the full due diligence and closing of the loans.
You will work on a wide range of financing transactions working directly with senior members of the team in a flat organization structure. Work responsibilities include:
- Real estate valuation analysis
- Excel modeling
- Debt structuring
- Real estate loan origination (whole loan, mezzanine, preferred equity)
- Preparation of presentations and memoranda evaluating investment merits and risks, market dynamics, and projected investment returns
- Transaction execution, including negotiation of loan documentation
- Market research
We seek candidates who are interested in real estate, highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate will have:
- 1-2 years of commercial real estate debt originations underwriting, preferably at a top-tier investment bank or private-equity firm that also does mezzanine and preferred equity (but not required)
- BA or BS from an accredited institution
- Advanced financial modeling skills with experience modeling CRE assets and capital structures
- Advanced experience with Excel, Argus is ideal
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Perseverance, stamina, and a self-starter
- At this time, Situs does not sponsor any new applicants for work authorization. You must be authorized to work in the United States for continuous employment without any Company sponsorship to be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify
1+ to 2 years