- Manage a partial load of investments in multiple property types with a degree of independence.
- Develop annual business plans to achieve investment strategies that are consistent with client objectives.
- Supports Asset Management in the Direct Investment Group on assets through data collection, cash flow modeling, competitive analysis, research analysis and annual business plan and budget preparations.
- Prepares and updates quarterly cash flow projections.
- Shares accountability for budgeted results and supports the budget versus actual analysis.
- Supports in restructurings, sales and asset financings as required.
- Understands capital and investment structure and the relationship between property operations and investment performance.
- Supports industry related projects including annual updates on sector and information gathering.
- General market understanding for assigned assets - collects market information; in particular competitive market information.
- Analyzes leases and rental rates and assists in leasing decisions; monitors overall leasing status and strategies for assigned assets.
- Verifies accuracy of property operating statements and monthly/quarterly variance analysis.
- Prepares quarterly reports, valuation analysis and other financial reports as required.
- Works effectively as a leader or a member of a team.
- Develops strong working relationships with Portfolio Managers and members of the Los Angeles Asset Management team.
- Generates innovative approaches to situations.
- Implements thorough follow-up and attention to detail.
- Provides constructive input on improving how the Firm and/or the group functions.
- Contributes to the professional development of peers and more junior level staff.
- BS/BA and a strong academic record with emphasis on real estate, finance, accounting and/or economics required.
- 4-6 years of direct real estate asset management experience required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency with Argus AE valuation software required.
- Ability to select and efficiently manage the activities of internal resources and third-party service providers
- Good negotiation skills, presentation skills and a history of successful interaction with clients and partners
AEW Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.