Candidate will serve as Gatehouse’s lead in connection with incoming investment opportunities (including senior mortgage loans, mezzanine loans and preferred equity transactions collateralized by various property types and situations, including construction), interfacing directly with the firm’s founders and relevant deal parties. The position is based in NYC.
Analyze viability and assist in negotiating terms on incoming potential transactions, and lead greenlit deals from term sheet drafting through post-closing matters (in concert with Gatehouse leadership and relevant third parties).
- Prepare thorough financial models (inclusive of projections, covenant sensitivity, and IRR/MOIC calculations, etc.) and deal memoranda detailing the strengths, weaknesses and other factors impacting potential investments for discussion with the firm’s leadership, and presentation to Investment Committee. Structuring expertise a plus but not required.
- Manage each deal’s due diligence process, including interface with borrowers, investors, attorneys and relevant third-parties (appraisals, PCRs, environmental assessments, etc.), review of borrower background checks, site visits, property valuation, and analysis relating to market information, historical and projected financial operating statements, construction budgets and contracts, S&U, rent rolls, rental/sales comps, lease review, and initial loan disbursement.
- Minimum 3-7 years of relevant CRE experience, including the underwriting and execution of real estate debt transactions of varying size, structure and complexity.
- Fluency with sophisticated financial analysis, and excellent deal execution skills with an emphasis on problem-solving.
- Well-organized, strong work ethic, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize multiple projects in varying stages simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information and translate into strategic deliverables; create high-quality, thoughtful memoranda/presentations for Gatehouse leadership, Investment Committee and investors.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and comfortable managing multiple work streams and projects concurrently.
- Exceptional ethical standards.
Gatehouse is a private equity firm focused on making and managing direct credit and preferred equity investments between $10-$100 million for high-quality real estate projects in NY, Boston, South Florida, LA and top 25 MSAs. Gatehouse leverages its best-in-class underwriting and structural expertise to understand deals quickly and create bespoke transactions resulting in dependable capital solutions for our borrower-partners, while providing compelling risk-adjusted returns to our investors and capital partners. Gatehouse offers flexible credit structures through stretched senior mortgages, mezzanine loans and preferred equity investments. Over 30 years of closing more than $2 billion of complex financings through market cycles has developed deep access to deal flow, and honed our ability to (i) identify good deals, (ii) structure workable capital solutions boosting deal viability while mitigating risk, and (iii) execute faster than our competition. Our leadership brings exceptionally high standards of excellence, professionalism and integrity to each transaction, building upon trusted reputations earned in the trenches. The firm also maintains a steadfast commitment to creating a positive, productive culture where our team can develop and thrive. Gatehouse is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this job