About Thomas Park
Thomas Park is a full-service commercial real estate firm offering alternative investment strategies and third-party commercial real estate services.
Our Core Values
Balance: We work hard but understand there is a life outside of work that will support a healthy balance. Work smart and do what is necessary to get the job done right. Valuable output is the greatest measure, not hours put in.
Act with Integrity: In all that we do, we act ethically. We are committed to each other, our investors, our tenants, and our vendors.
Strive for Excellence: Invest in personal growth, training, and lifelong learning. Demand results, solve problems, and communicate clearly.
Inclusion: We are committed to creating a long-lasting culture of equality where everyone feels safe to be their true selves. Be compassionate, trust one another and use “we” vs. “I”.
Embrace Change: Embrace new ideas and tackle problems from multiple angles. Utilize technology on a consistent basis.
About the Role
Thomas Park Investments (TPI) is seeking an Analyst to work at its Annapolis, MD headquarters as an integral part of the company’s Acquisitions team. The Analyst will be responsible for assisting in all facets of the acquisition process. In addition, the Analyst will work closely alongside TPI’s Chief Investment Officer and Chief Executive Officer to prepare accurate and timely analyses and investment committee presentations. This role will allow you to work directly with the company’s Principals and Founders.
Job-Type: Full-time, exempt
- Perform extensive financial modeling analysis for new acquisitions using Excel and Argus.
- Maintain and update acquisition models throughout the due diligence period.
- Work directly with CIO to review acquisition opportunities and maintain the firm’s acquisition database.
- Assist with property due diligence by reviewing key deliverables and reports (PCA, Phase 1 ESA, Survey, Zoning, etc.)
- Assist with coordinating consultants and site visits throughout the Due Diligence process.
- Assist with providing analysis and support for debt financing activities.
- Assist with lender analysis and reporting requirements.
- Create investment analyses, memoranda, and presentations for internal committee approval and external stakeholders.
- Assist with closing activities including final budget preparation and transition of the property to the management team.
- Update Argus files for owned portfolio in coordination with Asset Management team.
- Contribute to the annual property budgeting process for TPI-owned properties.
- Assist Asset Management with the preparation of regular performance reports for investors.
- And other duties as assigned.
- 2-4+ years of experience with a real estate investment/asset management firm, private equity firm, owner/operator, or brokerage company.
- Bachelor’s Degree with preference for candidates with finance, real estate, economics, and/or accounting coursework.
- Argus experience required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience is required.
- Financial modeling, valuation, and analytical skills required.
- General commercial real estate background with knowledge of multi-tenant medical office preferred.
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information and translate into strategic deliverables.
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to write effectively.
- Intellectual curiosity with a genuine passion/interest in the real estate industry and expanding their knowledge base.
- Team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism
- A desire to work within a fast-paced, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong work ethic, driven, organized, detail-oriented, desire to learn.
401(K) with employer match
Dental, Vision, and Medical Insurance
CareFirst Health Plan
75% Employer Paid for the employee
HRA Funded Debit Card to cover deductible expenses
18 days of PTO
Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave after 1 year of employment
Thomas Park is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Thomas park is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process.