Patterson Real Estate Advisory Group, headquartered in Atlanta, GA is seeking an additional team member in its Tampa, FL satellite office, placing capital for real estate developments, acquisitions and capital restructurings. This position is aimed to support and work closely with the current Market Director as well as being heavily involved in the overall efforts of the company.
The position is focused on collaborating as a team on certain aspects of the broader market business plan for the satellite office area. This will include execution of existing business, though the individual also will assist in the identification of new business opportunities in the Florida markets. The individual will also work with the Market Director to broaden the Patterson presence in the area of the satellite office, promoting and upholding the Patterson brand.
Although the position will be located in Tampa, FL, the satellite team member should initially anticipate spending a period of time in Atlanta for training, as well as ongoing visits, to understand and be a part of Patterson’s business culture and corporate processes.
A candidate is expected to rely on accumulated experience and have the ability to serve in a lead role on a deal team. The individual is expected to both manage analysts and associates, ensuring the highest quality analytical production, and interface with capital and clients on a consistent basis.
The individual will proactively manage transactions in an integrated manner alongside personnel in both the satellite office and headquarters in Atlanta.
The broad objectives of the role as well as the responsibilities and anticipated experience and proficiencies are outlined below.
- Contributing meaningfully towards the achievement of all corporate and market goals;
- Assisting Market Director with client list responsibilities (proactive contact and relationship maintenance);
- Seeking out client interaction with primary responsibility for some and secondary for other clients;
- Providing counsel to analysts and associates, relative to a specific deal and general guidance;
- Broad responsibility for production of offering memoranda;
- Acting as deal team lead and performing responsibilities of a QB on deals;
- Database entry and use;
- Actively participating in discussions when visiting with capital sources and pitching deals;
- Concluding and maintaining relevant business licenses;
- Seeking leadership positions in industry functions;
- Fulfillment of corporate and personal business plan responsibilities.
Responsibilities for Transactions
- Assisting in deal strategy brainstorm to determine communication and position of the opportunity;
- Defining process for OM production and ensuring timely completion of OMs;
- Controlling quality and timeliness of analyst and associate work product;
- Modeling underwriting assumption lead and reviewing of models;
- Preparing and negotiating transaction retention agreements;
- Reviewing capital terms;
- Corresponding with capital sources on a frequent basis;
- Interfacing with clients in a professional and responsive manner;
- Providing support on transactions as required;
- Working independently with minimal direction;
- Negotiating loan/joint venture documents to the extent required;
- Overseeing closing efforts, including preparation of invoices.
Expected Experience and Proficiencies
- ±5 years of commercial real estate investment or comparable industry experience;
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficient in Argus;
- Knowledge of graphics packages including Power Point and Adobe;
- Strong understanding of loan and joint venture documents;
- Strong communication and qualitative skills;
- Highly motivated and organized;
- Ability to work in a small, fast-paced environment and balance multiple deadlines.
Apply for this job