Who We Are:
Peakstone Realty Trust (NYSE: PKST) is a NYSE-listed, real estate investment management firm based in El Segundo, CA with a satellite office in Chicago, IL. Peakstone owns and operates a high-quality, newer-vintage portfolio of predominantly single-tenant industrial and office properties. Peakstone presently owns assets across 24 states in primarily high-growth, strategic coastal and sunbelt markets.
About the Role:
The purpose of the Associate position is to support all real estate-related functions through participation in asset management, acquisition, disposition, and financing activities. The role performs lease analysis, financial underwriting and modeling, market analysis, and tenant credit analysis. They will also assist with due diligence, property inspections, and in the preparation of internal and external memoranda. This role has the opportunity to travel on site to properties, and to our Chicago office for reasonably extended periods of time. Three years’ minimum real estate experience, and a bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university required.
What you will do:
- Create asset valuations, cash-flow projections, and various other financial models for the real estate portfolio.
- Read and analyze leases and all due diligence documents along with assisting in the closing of transactions (acquisitions or dispositions).
- Research and analyze demographic, market, sector, tenant, and property data.
- Create investment and portfolio memoranda for presentation to the Investment Committee and Board of Directors.
- Analyze leasing opportunities in the portfolio measured against pro-forma underwriting and market.
- Write lease recommendation memos for review and approval by the Investment Committee.
- Update and distribute various weekly and monthly company and industry reports to senior management.
- Assist in marketing efforts and support various other responsibilities of the real estate team.
- Travel to property locations across the country, and our Chicago office through the year, at times for extended periods.
- Serve as a general resource for various other capital markets activities and special projects.
What you will bring to the Team:
- Minimum three to five years of relevant real estate experience, knowledge of industrial market and property underwriting considered a plus.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to prepare concise and informative written presentations in MS Word, MS Power Point and be highly skilled at financial modeling in MS Excel.
- High degree of proficiency in ARGUS Enterprise, Yardi (ideal but not required), CoStar (ideal but not required), financial analysis and market research.
- Bachelor's degree required from four-year college or university in Real Estate, Finance or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the Financial Services Industry and of Real Assets and other investment vehicles. Knowledge of both private equity and liquid real assets is ideal. Thorough understanding of fundamental real estate economics, finance principles, and financial statement analysis.
What we provide: We are proud to offer employees a generous Total Rewards package and opportunities for employees to learn new skills and develop their career.
- Pay Transparency: Base Pay Compensation range is $100,000 - $130,000 annualized. Actual compensation may vary based on job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. This position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, in addition to base pay
- Our Benefits:
- Paid time off (PTO), accruing at 17 days per year, then 4 weeks and more after 2 years of service.
- Ten (10) Paid annual company holidays, PLUS the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Birthday holiday- your birthday or chosen day during your birth month is a paid day off each year, after 1 year of service.
- 100% Company paid individual Medical and Dental Insurance, and optional employee paid Vision.
- 100% Company paid individual Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Supplemental benefits such as Prepaid Legal, Hospital, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance
- Six weeks of Paid Parental leave
- 3% employer 401(k) contribution with full vesting
- Being You at Peakstone: Peakstone is committed to creating a diverse work environment that recruits and rewards employees based on capabilities and performance. We are inclusive, celebrate our differences, and welcome a broad range of perspectives and ideas without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
This job is no longer active.