When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As Manager or Senior Manager of Net Zero Implementation with Hines, you will be a supporting member of the Net Zero Implementation Team, with a focus on supporting and analyzing asset level carbon reduction strategies as assigned by the Environmental Strategies leadership team. Your role is expected to contribute significantly to the development, implementation and coordination of the firm’s operational carbon reduction program at the asset level. Your specific responsibilities in the program will be as directed by the Director of Net Zero Implementation.
Key responsibilities will include supporting the development and implementation of Hines’ net zero strategy and commitments across Central and Global regions as directed by the Director of Net Zero Implementation. The role will specifically require creating the development of a global carbon assessment process, asset level reduction strategy and implementation of asset pathways to achieve greatest carbon reductions. Upon development of the strategy, a large part of the responsibilities will be to support the firm’s regional implementation and progress reporting.
Net Zero Implementation through actively managing the following tasks:
- Be a supporting member of the Net Zero Implementation Team, within the scope and boundaries established by the Director of Net Zero Implementation, to meet expected firmwide deliverables in a timely manner and deliver impactful outcomes
- Help develop a repeatable, scalable process to assess, plan and guide regions for execution of asset level decarbonization projects
- Ability to analyze whole building energy modeling, energy efficiency measures and create a NZ energy/carbon roadmap
- Create framework, tools, guidance and perform analysis on circular infrastructure, thermal storage, electrical storage and smart electrification
- Evaluate existing energy audits, technical documents and existing building information to create a set of net zero pathways
- Provide technical assistance of district energy systems, renewable energy generation and storage, and building decarbonization and electrification
- Help Design and develop in-house analytical and financial tools for calculation of energy, emission, and cost savings of long-term decarbonization plans
- Create asset level decarbonization reports and analysis for regional team consideration and collaboration
- With NZ Implementation Team, support in developing framework for deep carbon reductions in all asset types and geographies where Hines’ conducts business
- Create master scopes of work for design consultants and contractors to execute and provide transparency on decarbonization projects
- Support in creating and analyzing KPIs related to circularity, infrastructure system COPs and amount of wasted/recycled energy to ensure energy demand reductions have been exhausted at a building level prior to leveraging renewable energy infrastructure
- Evaluate operational carbon reduction strategies in all geographies and asset types and start to develop specific solution types
- Provide support on presentations, proposals, request for information and recommendations
Internal and External Relationships
- Establish and maintain relationships with Hines teams: Central Operations, Innovation, Business Technology, Corporate Analytics, Central Engineering, Investment Management, Corporate Communications, Human Resources and Compliance among others
- As directed by the Director of NZ Implementation, oversee consultation and coordination of initiatives with third party consultants and academic institutions as required
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Engineering, Energy, Environmental Science, or a closely related field
- Seven or more years’ experience in deep operational carbon reduction initiatives, building science, energy modeling or mechanical engineering in commercial, residential, logistics
- Competency with simulation and modeling tools
- Experience in proposal writing and project development
- Experience in performing and managing energy analysis
- Knowledge of automation and controls systems, HVAC systems, lighting, and lighting controls. Experience in writing and reviewing Sequence of Operations for HVAC, and lighting systems
- Knowledge of the design of mechanical and electrical systems for commercial, institutional and light industrial facilities
- Experience in design of mechanical systems
- Ability to manage a team to provide timely, effective dynamic and impactful outcomes
- Experience with energy modeling software IES, Energy Plus, and other design integration tools to provide parametric analyses for early decision making
- Ability to diagram and comprehend complex systems and depict the weakest link for system interventions
- Exhibit excellent communication skills to successfully lead projects to completion, knowing how to approach people, create meaningful relationships, and articulate a clearly established vision
- Proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders in complex business settings and prioritize work as required
- Strong organizational, analytical skills, attention to detail, able to work independently
- Ability to be a critical thinker, remaining objective, analyze the facts, and evaluating options without bias to solve complex problems
- Self-starter, rigorous, flexible, and with good people skills able to work collaboratively with strong self sufficiency
- Unwavering commitment to integrity, the firm’s Guiding Principles and our Leadership Principles
- Interest in self-development and for an inclusive workplace
- Able to travel on an as-needed basis to support business functions
- Compensation: New York - $107,000 - $169,400
Hines is a global real estate investment, development and property manager. The firm was founded by Gerald D. Hines in 1957 and now operates in 28 countries. We manage a $92.3B¹ portfolio of high-performing assets across residential, logistics, retail, office and mixed-use strategies. Our local teams serve 634 properties totaling over 225 million square feet globally. We are committed to a net zero carbon target by 2040 without buying offsets. To learn more about Hines, visit and follow @Hines on social media. ¹Includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM as of June 30, 2022.
Visit for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.