When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As an Accounting Manager with Hines, you will ensure the accuracy and propriety of all financial data and reports maintained and prepared for the properties/projects, tier entities, and investors. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works closely with applicable Hines personnel (e.g. Property Manager, Project Manager, and Staff & Senior Accountants) to ensure accuracy of financial reporting, construction draws (if applicable) and budgets.
- Communicate and coordinate with appropriate representatives of external parties.
- Treasury functions including review of bank reconciliations and cash flow projections
- Review funding request to investors.
- Review and coordinate approval of reserves and write offs in accordance with governing agreements.
- Review lease abstracts and other related lease administration documentation ensuring proper lease accounting treatment per GAAP or other basis of accounting. May process lease administration for more complex leases.
- Review calculations of estimated operating and tax expense recovery billings for new/amended leases. Provide oversight and guidance to Accountant/Senior Accountant for more complex leases/calculations. May prepare for very complex leases/properties.
- Review operating and tax expense reconciliations (true-ups) as required per governing documents (leases, management agreement, etc.).
- Ensure records are being maintained timely, accurately and in compliance with GAAP or other basis of accounting. Special consideration to areas such as debt modifications, acquisitions/dispositions, interest capitalization, etc.
- General ledger review and analysis.
- Assist in Property and Hines Annual Plan/Budget/Projection preparation process providing oversight and guidance to Accountants. Reviews schedules/reports prepared by Accountants.
- Coordinate audits (external, internal, tenant, etc.) and review information for these audits, as needed. May prepare information for more complex accounting areas.
- Review monthly/quarterly financial statements and supporting schedules working closely with the Property/Project Manager and Accountants to ensure accuracy.
- Review quarterly debt compliance, if applicable, including compliance certificates and DSCR/Debt Yield calculations in accordance with loan documents. May prepare for more complex debt structures.
Prepare reports for upper management and external users as well as other significant internal reports (e.g. investment performance templates).
Research accounting guidance and draft position memos documenting accounting treatment of new/unusual items.
May assist Asset Manager with maintaining Argus models or reconciliations between Argus model and Property Budget/Projections.
Assist in supervision and training/development of Accountants.
Prepare and teach/lead various Hines training courses to Accountants.
Assist in completing Mid-Year/Annual reviews and compensation recommendations for direct reports, as applicable.
Assist in due diligence process related to property acquisitions and dispositions or other special projects as assigned.
Coordinate/manage the setup of new projects with guidance from Controller and assistance from Accountants. This could include setting up the property in JDE (or similar software), opening bank accounts, reviewing rent start letters and preparing and/or reviewing acquisition accounting schedules/entries (FAS 141/142 purchase accounting, straight-line rent, revenue models).
Carry out the proper procedures to ensure internal controls are being met.
Prepare tax projections and tax preparation workpapers.
Work with Controllers to determine issues and needs of department.
Ability to manage multiple assignments.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited institution.
- CPA Required
- Five or more years of professional accounting experience.
- Public accounting experience is strongly preferred.
- Commercial real estate experience is strongly preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience is required.
Ability to lift general ledgers, files, records, and computer paper (approximately 5-35 lbs.).
Work overtime as business needs deem appropriate.
- Compensation: $107,800 - $134,700.
Hines is a global real estate investment, development and property manager. The firm was founded by Gerald D. Hines in 1957 and now operates in 28 countries. We manage a $92.3B¹ portfolio of high-performing assets across residential, logistics, retail, office and mixed-use strategies. Our local teams serve 634 properties totaling over 225 million square feet globally. We are committed to a net zero carbon target by 2040 without buying offsets. To learn more about Hines, and follow @Hines on social media. ¹Includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM as of June 30, 2022.
Visit for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.