Ethan Conrad Properties, Inc. is one of the largest and the fastest growing Commercial Real Estate Company in Sacramento, CA. With over 8.6MM square feet, over 150 properties, and over 250 buildings, valued at $1.3 billion dollars. ECP has had an Annual Growth of over 20% for the past 10 years and anticipates continued growth of 20% annually, creating more job opportunities internally and externally. ECP is a World Class Company.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Property Manager are maintaining profitability of individual properties in a manager's portfolio while simultaneously maximizing tenant satisfaction for a portfolio of approximately 1,000,000 (1MM) square feet of commercial real estate for Ethan Conrad Properties, Inc., with sustained annual growth of over 20% and a company portfolio of over 8 million square feet of commercial property in the Greater Sacramento Area. A Property Manager supports the company by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages property financial metrics for each property in his/her portfolio and maintains responsibility for portfolio profitability. Provides monthly reporting and analysis to management on property activities, including variance and budget analysis.
- Basic knowledge and capability to read and decipher Lease and Vendor Contracts to determine owner/tenant obligations, i.e. tenant billing treatments.
- Responsible for approval of all expenses incurred by each property and ensuring that expenses are accounted for appropriately. Responsible for resolving various tenant billing issues including CAM reconciliations, direct expense billings, and other leasing obligations that may affect tenant ledgers.
- Perform and document interior and exterior physical inspections as required by management, regulatory agencies, insurance or financial institutions (i.e. appraisers, environmental inspectors, owner(s), etc.) and generate/improve preventative maintenance schedules where needed.
- Effectively resolves tenant issues at the property and evaluates each situation from a tenant satisfaction perspective, which includes timeliness of responses and resolution steps to permanently resolve issues that arise.
- Works closely with Facilities Management division on maintaining asset quality. Schedules and manages vendors, including working with internal facilities department staff, on maintaining a level of appearance and function of assets in accordance with management directives.
- Maintains asset code compliance (fire, ADA, etc.) on all properties in portfolio and recommends improvements/compliance requirements to management while performing and maintaining basic compliance functions.
- Maintain status as primary point of contact on security and fire alarm calls on portfolio properties, at all times.
- Effectively assists in managing the workload of Assistant Property Manager, i.e. assigning appropriate work tasks, coaching, mentoring in Property Management processes and procedures.
- Leads/Supervises Property Managers, Junior Property Managers and Assistant Property Managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Comfortable working in a highly visible role
- Highly organized and efficient; skilled at multi-tasking
- Good time-management skills
- Positive and personable demeanor
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Willing to take initiative and work independently when needed
- Professional integrity and sense of responsibility and accountability
Education and Experience
- 10+ years progressive property management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- California Real Estate License and Certified Property Manager preferred.
- 5 years hands-on Property Management experience.
- 5 years of experience managing a team of 5+ people
- 7+ years of commercial real estate experience.
- Knowledge of job systems and processes and the ability to implement new processes or improve existing processes.
- Detail oriented, self-starter, strong organizational and analytical skills, able to handle multiple projects at any given time, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks and work well under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or within a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project).
- Experience in Property Management and/or Work Order Software, i.e., Yardi preferred, MRI, SAP.
At Ethan Conrad Properties, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which can be seen throughout every step of an ECP employee's journey. Starting with our interviews and continuing through our executive open-door policy, collaboration is at the heart of working at ECP.
We offer generous benefits including competitive salaries, employee 100% paid medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, and a 401(k) plan with employer match. And we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning & development, gym membership, and of course, fully stocked fridges!
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at ECP.
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.