When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As an Assistant Property Manager with Hines, you will assist in providing day-to-day operations management of the property while emphasizing positive response to concerns of tenants and meet the investment objectives of the owner. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Develop and maintain ethical, professional, and courteous relations with contractors and tenants.
Assist with the management and development of all property personnel.
Handle the administration and vendor management of all activities related to the physical operation of the property.
Manage fiscal activities of the property including, but not limited to: on-site accounting, operations analysis, budget preparation and management, business and financial planning.
Direct all emergency procedures including but not limited to:
Establish and execute emergency plans and practice drills
Monitor emergency equipment
Lead and/or assist with evacuations, bomb searches and life safety alarms as deemed reasonable and prudent
Act as fire/life safety director while assisting emergency authorities and response teams
Comply with all company and regional policies.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field from an accredited institution preferred; High school diploma required.
- Two or more years professional work experience, with supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- P&L responsibility and budgetary experience.
- Successfully complete the Hines Property Management Training Program.
- Interact with employees, visitors and contractors with poise and diplomacy.
- Maintain a calm demeanor in emergencies.
- Compose business letters, expositions, summaries, and reports, using proper format, punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
- Speak before an audience with confidence, using appropriate communication skills/style.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and customer service orientation.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working atmosphere among staff.
- Exchange ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, or solutions.
- Perform numerical and financial calculations.
- Analyze and interpret various types of data in order to draw conclusions and solve problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Use olfactory, auditory, and visual senses to inspect building and detect emergency alarms.
On occasion, perform physical inspections of the property which may include climbing up and down stairs or accessing restrictive openings.
Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
Though occurrences are rare, be accessible 24 hours a day in case of an emergency and perform on-site operations management during natural disasters.
Transfer properties and work overtime as business needs deem appropriate.
- Compensation: $85,280 - $106,600.
Hines is a global real estate investment, development and property manager. The firm was founded by Gerald D. Hines in 1957 and now operates in 28 countries. We manage a $92.3B¹ portfolio of high-performing assets across residential, logistics, retail, office and mixed-use strategies. Our local teams serve 634 properties totaling over 225 million square feet globally. We are committed to a net zero carbon target by 2040 without buying offsets. To learn more about Hines, and follow @Hines on social media. ¹Includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM as of June 30, 2022.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.