Cushman & Wakefield is seeking a Managing Director of Investor Services, Strategic Accounts, focused primarily on the Eastern Region. The goal of this position is to drive new business while retaining and expanding the existing business for a select group of CW’s large institutional clients. This position requires excellent communication skills and experience at the highest levels of an organization (C-Suite) including CIOs, Asset and Portfolio Managers. The Managing Director is directly responsible for integrating and coordinating all real estate services required by the assigned institutional clients including but not limited to capital markets, valuation & advisory, agency leasing, property management and project & development services.
The Managing Director role will position CW as a trusted advisor for each client and ensure the delivery of best-in-class advisory and execution services. The position will effectively and efficiently collaborate and partner with all the geographic and business line services required to position CW as the “first call” when clients need advice or support regarding their national and global real estate needs. The position will be based in an Eastern region gateway city, preferably New York, and will report to the Americas President of Capital Markets. Additionally, the position will have an important reporting matrix to select US investor-centric business line leaders and shall develop a strong partnership with our top institutional capital markets advisors.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop strong business relationships with the firm’s top investor clients
- Develop an annual business plan for each client assigned that will drive the successful retention and growth of each client relationship and profitability
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of each client’s organization, business plan, investment strategies, priorities, issues and opportunities
- Collaborate and partner with the various geographic and business line leaders on major and regional pursuits involving the assigned clients
- Assist in the design and completion of the proposal along with participating in the presentation as/when required
- Effectively/efficiently marshal all available company resources required to successfully service the client
- Conduct regular status and strategy meetings with the various geographic and business line leaders and assigned clients to ensure a high level of execution and client satisfaction is achieved
- Align the CW services delivery model to meet and exceed each client’s asset and portfolio performance objectives
- Envision, promote and develop new client services complementary to existing services and products
- Establish and implement an annual schedule to meet in person with the assigned clients to assess the satisfaction of the client and to further promote the services of the company
- Complete monthly, quarterly and/or annual new business reports outlining new client pursuits, win/loss ratios and underwriting of proposed assignments
- Seek ways to become visible and recognized as a noted expert in the industry (industry & civic group membership, public speaking, articles, interviews, etc.)
- Partner with West Region Managing Director and other team members
- Provide guidance to technology team and other functional leaders on corporate initiatives\Performs other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required from a four-year college or university. MBA a plus.
- Real estate sales or brokerage license.
- CCIM, RPA or CPM designation and participation in professional industry organizations are desired.
- Ten years of mid to senior level experience in the commercial real estate services industry, third party services firm experience preferred.
- Existing institutional client relationships with a strong track record of growing and retaining the relationships.
- Proven business development experience and track record of success.
- Working knowledge of asset management, acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, property and construction management, and ESG.
- Ability to guide, write and review monthly, quarterly and annual reports or plans.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional business and financial acumen, creating an environment that maximizes profitability.
- Display a confident and collaborative style with the ability to motivate and build consensus with colleagues, clients and outside business contacts.
- Display an articulate, polished, and professional demeanor that is comfortable operating in a multifaceted and fast-paced environment.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PowerBI); Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time.
This job is no longer active.