Newmark is seeking to hire a Summer Financial Analyst (Class of 2025) for the Capital Markets team based in New York City.
The New York Capital Markets team is responsible for sourcing and executing transactions involving commercial real estate including investment sales, loan sales, joint ventures, and capital raising. The team, led by Doug Harmon and Adam Spies, has consistently ranked as the most active sales advisor in NYC over the past decade and has been involved in many of the most high-profile commercial real estate transactions both in the NYC as well as across the U.S. The team focuses on all property types including office, multifamily, retail and industrial, as well as alternative asset classes such as life sciences, data centers, student housing, senior housing and others.
The team works on behalf of a broad range of clients, including REITs, pension funds/advisors, private equity firms, hedge funds, high net worth investors, and sovereign wealth funds. Additionally, the team has considerable experience with cross-border transactions involving investment of overseas capital into U.S. real estate.
Clients of Newmark are the largest real estate investment groups regionally and globally. The candidate will work directly with senior members of the firm offering substantial growth and upward mobility within a team environment. This group operates at an institutional level dealing with the most sophisticated investors globally and the analyst experience is similar to that of an investment banking role.
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter. Cover letters should outline your interest in capital markets investment sales and the NYC investment sales market, why you would fit on our team and any other unique attributes that may not be represented in your resume.
- Perform in-depth real estate, company, and market research / analysis
- Assist in the creation of pitch presentations and marketing materials, including investment memoranda which will be distributed to potential investors
- Assist in the underwriting of office, multifamily, retail and industrial properties
- Participate in property visits / tours in NYC
Candidates must demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills, personal motivation, and distinguished written and oral communication skills. It is strongly preferred that your background includes:
- Outstanding proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe
- Enthusiastic self-starter who is proactive, entrepreneurial, and can work both as part of a team and independently
- Strong work ethic, incredibly interpersonal, and organized with strong attention to detail
- Excellent grammar and written/verbal communications skills
- Ability to interact professionally with clients at various levels
- Ability to consistently produce high-quality work under tight time frames
- Ability to manage multiple projects with hard deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree (Class of 2025), preferably with coursework in economics, financial accounting, corporate finance, or real estate
Newmark will not sponsor visas for this position and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status. Candidates must be able to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
NEWMARK (Nasdaq: NMRK)
Newmark Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: NMRK), together with its subsidiaries (“Newmark”), is a world leader in commercial real estate, seamlessly powering every phase of the property life cycle. Newmark’s comprehensive suite of services and products is uniquely tailored to each client, from owners to occupiers, investors to founders, and startups to blue-chip companies. Combining the platform’s global reach with market intelligence in both established and emerging property markets, Newmark provides superior service to clients across the industry spectrum. For the year ending December 31, 2022, Newmark generated revenues of approximately $2.7 billion. As of June 30, 2023, Newmark’s company-owned offices, together with its business partners, operate from approximately 170 offices with over 7,400 professionals around the world. To learn more, visit nmrk.com or follow @newmark.
This job is no longer active.