Newport Real Estate Partners (“NREP”) is the real estate private equity arm of Newport Private Group. NREP focuses on value-add and opportunistic real estate strategies through equity and debt investments where complexity, underwriting expertise and hands on asset management provide the opportunity to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns for investors.
Newport Real Estate Partners was founded by seasoned real estate operators and investment professionals with extensive experience in real estate development and operations, project and investment management, as well as real estate private equity. NREP’s team structure reflects our belief that successful real estate investing across cycles requires a local market presence, granular asset level knowledge and expertise in operating as well as underwriting.
This position offers the candidate the opportunity to work directly with the Partners of our credit funds. Reporting directly to, and working closely with, the Partners, you will be exposed to our diverse network of businesses and operations and will have the opportunity to grow and diversify along with our businesses. The successful candidate will be able to assist with the management of the funds, working directly with the Partners and the origination, underwriting and asset management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Business development and loan origination - maintain and build relationships with sponsors, brokers and other sources to develop and grow an active pipeline that fits the investment criteria of the funds.
- Deal evaluation - lead the identification, evaluation/due diligence process for pipeline of investments.
- Deal underwriting – work directly with underwriters in the preparation of financial underwriting and risk models.
- Servicing - work directly with servicing and asset management team.
- Organize weekly loan committee meeting, along with being a key decision maker on fund investments.
- Gather and analyze market data to assist with a proactive investment strategy based on an early identification of market trends and provide regular updates to the Partners on deal flow, sponsor relationships.
- Review processes and look to improve efficiency where possible.
- Pinpoint strategic partnership requirements and new engagements in private credit funds.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- 10+ years of experience in real estate credit fund management (preferably in fund houses or fund administrators).
- Proven track record of growing businesses as C-level executives.
- Experience in month end close, regular reporting requirements and financial modeling.
- Ability to be flexible and highly responsive to Partners’ needs and requests.
- Strong academic credentials from a top tier school with an understanding of the fundamentals of real estate valuation, finance, and accounting. CPA, MBA, MRED or CFA preferred.
- Strong work ethic and highest ethical standards.
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization, quality, and attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, executive summaries, and dashboard reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job