MANAGER/DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Full Time Exempt Position
City Ventures is looking for a highly motivated Manager/Director of Development to assist with the management of ground-up development of residential and mixed-use projects in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area. The ideal Manager/Director of Development applicant has 3+ years of experience focused on entitlements and land development. The Manager/Director of Development enjoys complex puzzles with multiple moving parts, commits to a sustainable vision for construction, and has an eye for high quality design. This position works from the City Ventures office in San Francisco and will be expected to travel locally to meet with municipalities and visit job sites. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about real estate, extremely self-motivated, curious, and resourceful, have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, and can use critical thinking to deduce next steps in a high-volume, fast paced, and fun environment.
About the Company: City Ventures is a fully integrated and well-capitalized residential and mixed-use developer and homebuilder focused on creating, entitling, developing, and building high quality residential and mixed-use communities in California’s urban infill markets. City Ventures is a leader in sustainable construction and the pioneer of the solar all-electric home movement in California. The company owns or controls over 10,000 lots across California and has 25+ active projects throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. The company is rapidly expanding and poised for growth, which offers significant professional development and advancement opportunities to its employees across many departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required in business, urban planning, real estate development or a related field, an advanced degree is welcome but not required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years entitlement, planning and/or land acquisition experience
- Strong knowledge of development and entitlements; preferably in the SF Bay Area
- Understands land use, CEQA, Site Design, Infrastructure Design, and Architectural Design
- Can speak knowledgeably to Cities, Community Members, and the Design Team, including understanding and asking knowledgeable questions about engineering and systems.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Team-oriented, shows ownership of assigned tasks; works well independently and with a team.
- Good organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks at same time and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Project planning and feasibility analysis
- Managing the entitlement process, project schedule and acquiring all approvals
- Coordinating entitlement submittals with City Staff and Officials
- Project budgeting and pro forma forecasting
- Directing the consultant team for the project
- Formation of the HOA and BRE approvals
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation: Manager/Director - $100K - $180K Annual Salary plus Discretionary Bonus. Commensurate with experience.
Medical, dental, vision and supplemental insurance are available. In addition, City Ventures offers FSA plans and a 401K with a 6% match. Three weeks (15 business days) PTO (Paid Time Off) and Gym Membership valued at $40 per month. Cell phone reimbursement of $85 per month
City Ventures is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job