Los Angeles, CA, USA
For more than 70 years, IDB Bank has made it our mission to be the best bank for our clients by putting their needs first, and the success we’ve enjoyed fundamentally comes down to our people. Here at IDB, you’ll work side by side with some of the most talented professionals in the industry who share a strong sense of teamwork and a passion for providing exceptional service down to the smallest detail. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous paid time off and the ability to participate in our medical coverage and 401(k) plan on your very first day with us. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion, and to providing all of our team members with an equal opportunity to succeed and make meaningful contributions within a work environment that is respectful, welcoming and inclusive.
Support the Bank’s commercial real estate banking activities.
- Source new customer relationship opportunities, including;
- New loans (Construction, bridge, permanent and lines of credit) focused on loan sizes averaging $15-50MM;
- Work with all different asset classes including Multifamily, retail, office, industrial/warehouse, hotel;
- Focus on Real Estate Family offices
- New deposits;
· Cross selling bank services and non-credit products, including:
- Treasury products (e.g. swaps and caps);
- Cash Management;
- Private Banking;
- Wealth Management investment products.
- Analyze new loan opportunities, including:
- Collateral property financial modeling;
- Collateral property inspection;
- Sponsor evaluation;
- Guarantor financial strength and universal cash flow evaluation;
- Preparation of Opportunity Memoranda;
- Term sheet preparation and negotiation;
- Ability to present proposals to clients.
- Coordinate with underwriters on loan opportunities and modifications of existing loans, includin :
- Prepare internal memoranda and associated analyses;
- Interface with Credit Risk Management, Compliance, Credit Administration and senior lending personnel to effect efficient processing of new loan underwriting;
- Present loan recommendations to the bank’s Credit Committee.
- Close approved loans, including:
- Interface with bank counsel and closing department to prepare loan documents which accurately reflect the terms contained in the approved loan underwritings;
- Knowledge of real estate loan documents and ability to explain all aspects of documents to Borrower;
- Interface with the bank’s Due Diligence department as needed to affect consummation of the third-party consultant reports (e.g. appraisal, environmental assessment, property condition assessment, etc.);
- Interface with closing department and Bank's third-party insurance consultants to obtain required insurance coverage and required endorsements;
- Interface with Bank's counsel to assure bank required lien position and protective endorsements are obtained;
- Interface with the lending area’s administrative officer to facilitate the following on the date of closing;
- Closing related memoranda/approvals;
- Loan boarding;
- Application fee reconciliation;
- Manage a loan portfolio, including:
- Past due loan monitoring and collection;
- Maturing loan management;
- Loan covenant monitoring and enforcement;
- Review of annual reviews and site inspections for each term loan;
- Outstanding document and financial reporting monitoring and collection;
- Collateral adequacy monitoring and internal reporting;
- Preparation of criticized loan memoranda;
- Interface in a courteous, efficient and professional manner with other areas of the bank that support loan and deposit gathering and management, including:
- NY Real Estate personnel
- Credit Risk Management
- Executive officers, particularly the Chief Lending Officer
- Loan Operations Department
- Credit Administration Department
- Deposit Operations Department
- Cash Management Department
- Joint Venture Partners including Investment Advisor and Life Insurance Vendors
- Compliance Department
- Collaborate on shared clients with other departments in NY and Nationally.
- Adherence to Compliance matters, including:
- Completion of all Compliance testing in a timely manner
- Particularly strong KYC skills for borrowers and depositors.
5 to 20 years commercial real estate lending experience, preferably on a commercial bank platform;
· Experience with financing term, bridge, line, improvement, land and rehab construction opportunities secured by CRE;
· Proficiency in the Microsoft Office software suite, Argus and Salesforce
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, offering guidance to areas outside CRE department like Private Banking and C&I;
· Occasional travel required;
· Capacity to work independently and with motivation to achieve goals with minimum supervision;
· Proven business development skills;
· Stay abreast of market trends and develop/maintain a network of referral sources;
· Responsiveness, judgment, maturity, integrity and time management skills are required.
· Minimum Four-year college degree, BA or MBA
The expected annual salary for this position is between $150,000 and $225,000 at the start of employment. A salary offer is determined on an individualized basis, taking into consideration factors such as an individual’s skills and experience. In addition to base salary, our total rewards package also includes eligibility for an annual bonus, medical, pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, life and disability insurance, employee wellness program, retirement and savings plans with employer contributions, generous holiday and paid time off schedules, parental leave, and tuition reimbursement.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The Bank will make reasonable accommodations to the following employees to allow them to perform the essential functions of their position, except where doing so would result in undue hardship to the Bank:
- Those with a known mental or physical disability.
- Pregnant individuals and/or individuals with pregnancy or childbirth-related medical conditions.
- Victims of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking.
- Employees with religious observance and practice obligations.
Any employee who believes he or she needs an accommodation for any of the above reasons should contact their supervisor or a member of Human Resources to request such an accommodation. In each case, the Bank will engage in a good faith written or oral dialogue concerning the individual’s accommodation needs; potential accommodations that may address the individual’s accommodation needs, including alternatives to a requested accommodation; and the difficulties that such potential accommodations may pose for the employer.
The Bank retains the ultimate discretion to choose the appropriate reasonable accommodation. Upon reaching a final determination at the conclusion of the cooperative dialogue, the Bank will provide the requesting individual with a written final determination identifying any accommodation granted or denied. In addition, the Bank will maintain any information regarding the employee’s request and status in the strictest confidence, except as requested by the employee, as required on a need-to-know basis or as otherwise required by law.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working remotely. We have implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview applicants by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of our employees because we’re all in this together.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
IDB BANK, INCLUDING ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND DIVISIONS, PROVIDES EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, GENETIC STATUS, CITIZENSHIP STATUS, MARITAL STATUS, MILITARY OR VETERAN STATUS, CURRENT UNEMPLOYMENT OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED CATEGORY IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAW. NOTHING IN THIS SITE CONSTITUTES A PROMISE OR OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT.
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job