The Manager of Maintenance Capacity Planning is responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing Centralized Maintenance initiatives, processes, and procedures across all regional markets. These initiatives can include, but not limited to, overseeing occupied technician and vendor projects, technician parts supply chain logistics, fleet activities and efficiency reviews, along with creating and maintaining compliance with new and existing Standard Operating Procedures related to the Centralized Maintenance operation.
This position reports directly to the Director of Centralized Maintenance and works collaboratively with many constituents across the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Serve as the gatekeeper of operational work systems responsible for maintaining the integrity of centralized maintenance processes
- Effectively analyze fleet assignment routes and recommend/create initiatives to optimize while evaluating the benefits of self-performed vs. outsourced maintenance repairs.
- Validate and prioritize maintenance work based on defined criteria and business needs
- Assists in tracking maintenance man-hour utilization (available maintenance man-hours accounted for against documented work)
- Lead the planning of Work Orders and Preventative maintenance across the portfolio
- Screen work orders, estimate labor hours, materials, tools, and equipment for all assigned work orders
- Work closely with direct team and Maintenance Technicians to plan, coordinate, and schedule proactive maintenance activities during available downtime windows to prevent unplanned repairs of mechanical equipment and disruption to our residents
- Provides input into spare part stocking decisions based on usage, criticality, risk and cost
- Establish and monitor analytical tools and KPI's to benchmark planning & productivity performance and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Constantly work toward lowering average completion time for service requests to ensure satisfaction for our residents
- Maintain a high level of process discipline by reviewing Technician and Vendor exception reports to identify deviations from established company processes
- Ensure compliance with all safety, environmental, regulatory, organizational policies and procedures for all technicians
- Ability to prepare, analyze and present data to increase operational efficiency
- Actively engaged in driver safety training and monitoring
- Provide leadership to regional maintenance personnel, which includes assessing talent and providing ongoing coaching and development.
- Highest level of integrity and transparency
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills to work with cross-functional teams
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, conflict-resolution, and strategic-thinking skills
- Fosters an environment of teamwork, displays a commitment to consistent execution, and proactively seeks opportunities for continuous improvement
- Experience in planning and executing projects across the organization
- Experience in material procurement and management
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems quickly
- Strong business operations understanding, demonstrate the ability to influence, and adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, sets clear priorities and expectations, and for drive result
- Implement best practices, continuously seeking to identify opportunity, facilitate exceptional team output to achieve a world class experience for our residents
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of prior leadership experience in a service-focused industry
- 3+ years of experience planning, scheduling, and auditing overall facilities/maintenance activities
- 2+ years of data analysis experience in a facilities maintenance program, specifically in planning, asset management and spare part optimization
- Understanding of budget management and math skills
- Prior Customer Service experience in property maintenance preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- OSHA certification preferred
- Ability to travel when necessary
- Excellent in Microsoft Office Suite use. Knowledge of database and spreadsheet programs such as Excel and MS Projects