The Real Estate Analyst position will work on loan servicing, surveillance and asset management duties. Your primary responsibilities include processing borrower requests, operating statement and rent roll analysis, property inspection reviews, and working directly with borrowers, borrowers’ agents or representatives, Voya correspondents, loan participants and legal counsel in reviewing and/or approving borrower requests. The optimal candidate is detail oriented, highly-organized, able to work well in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, demonstrate clear communication skills, and be motivated to learn.
- Assist with loan servicing and asset management throughout the loan term, including borrower requests, property financial statement and rent roll analysis, loan monitoring and/or set-up, prepayment premium calculations, and property inspections.
- Ensure that all borrower requests (i.e. future funding draws, reserve releases, cash management, transfers of ownership, lease reviews, SNDA’s, easements, partial releases, management changes, etc.) are reviewed and processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that operating statements and rent rolls are obtained, analyzed and accurately entered into Voya’s mortgage loan system.
- Review and approve property inspections completed by third-party service providers.
- Assess, monitor and report property deferred maintenance issues or loan watch lists.
- Assist with evaluation and reporting of asset performance for Voya’s highly structured real estate loans.
- Assist in the review and analysis of various loan documents and drafting conditional side letters.
- Perform internal and external ad hoc reporting and audits.
- Interact with borrowers, clients and third party consultants including servicers, brokers and inspection firms.
- Promote a positive attitude and working environment among fellow employees.
- Follow company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Develop efficient working relationships.
- Other duties as assigned by department management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong understanding of commercial real estate transactions and industry terms.
- Experience in analyzing financial statements and conducting company and industry-level fundamental due diligence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Strong quantitative and computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Team oriented with strong work ethic and time management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of financial statement analysis, cash flows and CRE debt and valuation concepts.
- Experience reading and interpreting complex loan documents.
- Knowledge of real estate systems and third party market platforms (i.e. Rockport, CoStar, REIS, Real Capital Analytics, Strategy etc.).
- Knowledge of CRE Finance Council Investor Reporting Package is a plus.
- Asset Management
- Investment Management
2+ to 5 years