Firm & Position Overview:
Our client is seeking a Senior Acquisitions professional to work out of either their Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago or Philadelphia offices. This person will be responsible for sourcing and making recommendations to the Investment Committee for actionable items consistent with the investment thesis. They will oversee and direct the underwriting and due diligence processes performed by other team members. There will be a regional focus and responsibility as well as an expectation to source opportunities in all target markets not currently well covered by the multifamily staff. Additionally, he/she will be expected to provide leadership and program/portfolio oversight to all multifamily acquisition activities nationwide. This is a senior level position offering the opportunity to shape the future direction and prospects of our client’s Multifamily acquisition program and contribute to all strategic initiatives of the group.
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Grow the firm’s multifamily acquisitions program nationally.
- Procure existing assets meeting the firm’s investment criteria from public and private owners through a variety of strategies including cold calling, cultivating relationships, and maintaining close contact with the brokerage and property management community.
- Perform high level analysis to support deal sourcing and business plan creation efforts; work with analysts and other staff to prepare comprehensive packages.
- Negotiate letters of intent and work with legal counsel to formally document all real estate transactions.
- Create detailed business plans, marketing plans and schedules for each acquisition once under control.
- Use existing best in class internal and external teams to perform due diligence and implement the approved business plan in conjunction with current development management staff, to-be-hired project managers on your team or third-party contractors.
- Support capital formation, investor relations and reporting efforts in coordination with the firm’s Investor Relations staff.
- Work with the firm’s Director of Debt to secure the most cost effective and advantageous capitalizations of your projects.
- Identify, hire and closely manage best in class leasing, marketing and property management team for successful lease up, management and operations of said projects.
- Contribute to all multifamily strategic initiatives and business planning efforts.
Our client is a leading, global real estate private equity operator with approximately $10 billion in equity under management and $20 billion in assets under management across multiple asset classes, geographies and capital strategies. The firm maintains nearly 20 offices in North America and 10 offices in Europe and Asia.
The firm operates in three principal verticals including Industrial (the largest), office and multifamily. The multifamily team, launched in 2016, focuses primarily on urban development and heavy value-add redevelopment projects in select submarkets nationwide. It is led by a highly experienced team which has developed more than 8,000 units with a development value in excess of $2 Billion in the last 15 years. The team currently has over $600 Million in active projects either under construction or varying stages of pre-development. As part of its growth plan, the team is launching a Core Plus acquisitions program to meet the needs of its current investor base and to attract new investors in furtherance of its growth objectives. As such, they are seeking to enhance the team’s acquisitions expertise and track record with one or more new hires.
- Demonstrated and transferable successful track record of core plus and/or value add multifamily acquisitions with geographic diversity.
- Minimum 10 years of multifamily experience in acquisitions to include sourcing, design, entitlements, financing, project management, property management and asset management.
- Hard working, entrepreneurial and ability to work independently and assemble teams and resources as needed to achieve objectives.
- Bachelors Required, MBA preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to work independently and multi-
- Attention to detail, team player and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage people and processes.
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.