Wesley Housing is a nonprofit community housing developer whose mission is to develop, own, operate, preserve, and maintain affordable housing and sustain quality communities for low- and moderate-income families and individuals across the Washington, D.C. region. The heart and soul of Wesley Housing’s mission lies in our commitment to combine affordable housing with family programs and supportive services to foster positive development and self-sufficiency for all adults, children, and families. Wesley Housing’s headquarters are located in Alexandria, VA (Fairfax County). Our apartment communities are located throughout the Washington, D.C. metro region.
Wesley is looking for a Real Estate Development (RED) Associate Project Manager at Wesley HQ in Alexandria, VA.
The Associate Project Manager plays a critical role in the execution of Real Estate Development (RED) goals and objectives. The Associate Project Manager is a significant individual contributor tasked with a wide range and scope of work on real estate development projects, management goals and objectives.
Key requirements of the role include:
- Conducting project assessments and reports on economic feasibility
- Providing cost proposals, such as cash flow, ROI and provides financing alternatives (equity, permanent, and refinance for selection and approval)
- Participating in dept. activities: general contractors oversight for new construction projects and acquisitions, rehabilitation, tenant relations and permanent financing
- Preparing monthly status reports and projected funding activity reports
- Maintaining a working relationship with internal and external partners
- Monitor and coordinate development and design activities for WHDC accounts and for projects with investment or limited partners
- Preparing proposals for grants, subsidies and economic benefits
- Assist in development of short and long-term objectives for projects
- Provide research about local, state and federal regulations that may impact development, rehab and new construction
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated, strong record of:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Relationship management skills
- Engaging a diverse range of stakeholders
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Advocating, organizing, problem-solving and producing results
- Knowledge of federal housing programs and pertinent rules and regulations
- Familiar with Low-Income Housing Tax Credits program
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum of two years of experience in housing development, finance and construction
- Familiar with Northern VA, an DC Metro applicable state, county and local low-income housing
- Industry relevant certification/License etc. preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity at Wesley Housing Development Corporation
Wesley Housing is an EEOE and Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state, or local law.
- Project Management
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.