Bowery is the world’s first modern commercial real estate appraisal startup, having spent the past 4+ years building out our revolutionary software platform. We are now seeking an associate hire to help us launch our Washington D.C. office. We are also the first-ever venture backed commercial appraisal firm, having raised over $27mm, including $25mm since 2018. Powered by big data, advanced technology, and extensive expertise, Bowery is redefining the entire commercial appraisal space.
There is no better way to kickstart a career in real estate than by building a foundational knowledge base through commercial appraisals. Unlike a large real estate conglomerate or major development group, your work at Bowery will be absolutely critical to the success of our company and wide-reaching in its scope.
You will learn the foundations of valuation – the core of all real estate development – across every asset type in the largest real estate market in the country. You will also receive an in-depth and hands-on education of every neighborhood in the New York City area. Finally, appraisals are central to the lending process – you will therefore build direct relationships with developers, brokers, and lending professionals.
But more importantly, you will be part of a truly novel real estate technology startup. You will be an integral part of growing from a young company to a national powerhouse. We offer our associates an incredibly unique combination of entrepreneurship and practical real estate experience. At Bowery, we put people above all else, as we believe successful businesses are driven by their employees first and product/market second.
The following further details the role, who we are looking for, and what we offer to our associates.
What will I be doing on a daily basis?
- Developing market analyses across the five boroughs
- Independently producing commercial appraisal reports from start to finish, which allow banks and lenders to finalize multi-million dollar loans
- Inspecting properties of all asset types
- Developing and maintaining relationships across the entire real estate spectrum
- Attending networking events
- Working directly with our development team to continue to improve our technology
Who are you looking for?
- We do not require any real estate experience
- Self-motivated, intelligent, gritty, personable, and diligent individuals who are more excited about growing with a company than growing within one
What do you offer?
- Competitive year-1 salary with significant upside
- Equity compensation
- Health benefits
- Startup culture with a real estate education
Less than 1 year
Apply for this job