Description of Position & Key Responsibilities
The Analyst will report directly to senior members of Tishman Select Partners (TSP), an affiliate of Tishman Realty Corporation. TSP is tasked with compiling a portfolio of high-quality limited service hotels. The analyst will initially have both Real Estate and Asset Management responsibilities.
Real Estate responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Tracking the team’s deal pipeline and weekly action items
- Executing financial analyses and underwriting of acquisition and development opportunities, including detailed modeling of hotel projections and cash flow or valuation models
- Performing market due diligence of potential acquisitions (analyses of competitors and market fundamentals)
- Assisting senior real estate professionals in preparing investment memoranda for new investment opportunities
- Supporting the firm’s hotel operations, technical services, finance, and legal professionals during the due diligence & closing phases of each transaction
- Traveling intermittently for site & market visits as well as industry conferences
Asset Management responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monthly preparation of reporting package for assigned hotels within the portfolio
- Monthly analysis of the Hotel Profit & Loss (P&L) statements & cash flow, identifying any opportunities for improvement
- Prepare monthly narrative highlights for assigned hotels, succinctly outlining performance with reasons for major variances vs. plan/prior year
- Assist with the set-up of various hotels, as they are onboarded into the system
- Loan Administration for assigned hotels
- Assist Asset Manager with annual budget review, analysis and presentations, as well as any multi-year projections for ownership
Professional and Personal Qualifications
- Four Year Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Hospitality or related field
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience with lodging investments, asset management, or brokerage. Experience in principal real estate investing and/or lending is a bonus.
- Advance knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and other financial modeling techniques is required
- Ability to write financial narratives/explanations
- Superior organizational and analytical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Base salary and incentives will be commensurate with experience.
Description of Company:
Tishman is a vertically integrated real estate owner, developer, operator and advisor. With roots dating back to 1898, Tishman is comprised of a diversified staff of experienced real estate, financial, and hotel management specialists, and is complemented by a technical staff of architect, engineers, and construction management professionals.
Over the last 30 years Tishman has owned and developed roughly 10 million sq. ft. of real estate for its own account and has sourced and structures nearly $8.0 billion of debt and equity for its projects. Further, Tishman has developed, managed, and advised on more than 35 million sq. ft. of all types of real estate – including hospitality, retail, residential, and office.
Current assets under management exceed $4.0 billion in real estate and other asset classes. Unlike traditional real estate investment managers, Tishman’s own account represents nearly $3.0 billion, of roughly 75% of its assets under management
- Asset Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.