The Property Controller is responsible for all Accounting matters relating to the Company’s portfolio of office and development properties and is the primary leader, mentor and technical resource for the Property Accounting team. The position requires a high degree of partnering with cross-functional teams to identify, create and implement best practices in the property reporting and risk management processes.
- Oversees the timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual investor reporting packages
- Establishes and maintains practices and procedures that preserve the integrity of the Company’s Property Accounting system and ensures compliance with internal controls and GAAP standards
- Partners with Corporate Controller to provide data-driven insights and recommendations on the portfolio performance and prepares internal reports for management decision making and periodic reporting to the Company’s Board, institutional investors and lenders
- Primary liaison for external auditors for property audits and tax returns
- Oversees development of Property Accounting budgets and re-forecasts
- Supervises financial onboarding of newly acquired assets and disposition of sold assets
- Monitors and ensures proper record keeping for construction and capital spending
- 10+ years of commercial real estate accounting experience including leading and mentoring teams of accountants
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- CPA preferred
- Yardi experience preferred, but not required
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Excellent organization and communication skills. Demonstrates professionalism in every aspect of work performance including a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.