Job Title: FHA Program Manager
Location: Plano, TX, DC, New York, or Charlotte, NC Preferred
The FHA Program Manager will provide FHA business Oversight & Performance Management. The Program Manager will be responsible for managing the performance, efficiency and effectiveness of our FHA originations operation and managing the firm’s relationship with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”). This role will be instrumental in driving FHA originations volume and managing performance of the firm’s FHA business with borrowers. The Program Manager will also work closely with the FHA underwriting team to manage through deals and borrower expectations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Originate FHA loans within a regional market.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with borrowers, with an emphasis on direct borrowers such as developers, owners, builders, contractors as well as real estate brokers, and other sources of third party mortgage loan origination opportunities in the appropriate market channels.
- Prescreen and qualify loans prior to the underwriting and closing process.
- Interface with company credit personnel during the underwriting and closing process.
- Interface with company servicing personnel as needed.
- Manage production staff including other producers and production analysts.
- Conduct market intelligence of HUD loan activities and implement a strategy to penetrate more markets.
- Deliver effective and efficient solutions by researching/analyzing complex issues and opportunities and making recommendations
- Contribute to the success of the FHA platform, teamwork, transparency and a high-level of professionalism
- Work closely with the Head of Agency Originations to build pipeline and create strategic relationships for the firm.
- Ensuring that internal policies and procedures are adhered to and managing within the firm’s guidelines.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of FHA mortgage origination experience.
- Proven track record of originating multifamily mortgage loans through FHA.
- Strong relationships with borrowers in the local/regional market.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Understanding of and ability to structure around risks associated with transactions.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative personal/professional style that advances a collegial partnered approach to meeting corporate objectives.
- Ability to work successfully in a large financial institution.
- Strong management and administrative skills.
- Ability to effectively represent customers and business partners.
- Advance degree preferred
- Due Diligence
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.