Job Purpose (Job Summary):
Invesco Real Estate s ( IRE ) Structured Investments Group ( SIG ) leads the firm s overall initiatives in both opportunistic real estate and structured credit (debt). The position will be located in one of the three IRE West Coast offices, preferably Los Angeles, and will report to the SIG Managing Director.The primary role will be to lead the firm s day-to-day efforts of both growing and managing the structured credit line of business through business development and the ongoing sourcing/origination, negotiation, closing, and management of the firm s existing and future floating rate loan portfolio. Through this role, the Investment Officer will serve as the primary contact between Invesco and the real estate capital markets community for all matters related to bridge lending in the Western United States.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Source, structure, and negotiate structured credit opportunities collateralized by office, industrial, multifamily rental, lodging, and specialized assets across the country
- Develop and maintain strong external relationships with strategic partners, national and regional intermediaries, direct borrowers across the country, and senior balance sheet lenders
- Lead and coordinate the internal investment process and presentation of prospective investment opportunities to the investment committee for approval
- Leverage the broader Invesco Real Estate platform and work closely with the direct regional Acquisition and Asset Management teams to both source opportunities and strengthen underwriting
- Work with Invesco s internal Legal/Closings group and third party service providers on due diligence for approved transactions
- Present investment opportunities to internal portfolio managers and aid in the ongoing monitoring of investments post-close
- Monitor existing investments and leverage internal resources to ensure optimal outcomes for portfolio investments
- Continue to market and expand the existing capital/client base through ongoing capital raising efforts, including interaction with pension funds, insurance companies, and other Invesco vehicles
- Promote the firm s efforts to attract, develop, and retain best-in-class talent
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- 10+ years of relevant experience and relationships related to the financing of commercial real estate, first mortgages, and subordinate debt structures
- Highly proficient user of Microsoft Excel
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Self-motivated and team-oriented, with strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills required
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelor s degree in finance or related field from a highly regarded University (advanced degree or CFA designation preferred but not required)
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
- Investment Management
- Alternative Investments
This job is no longer active.