The Maison Group, (www.themaisongroup.com) is a Real Estate Executive Search Firm Based in the Washington, DC Area.
Based in the Washington, DC area, our client is a prominent and very well-established real estate investment/development firm with decades of experience executing successful mixed-use transit oriented real estate development projects. With a current operating portfolio comprised of several thousand multifamily units, a few million square feet of commercial office/retail space along with a robust development pipeline in all stages of execution, this firm continues to move forward with its exciting growth plan.
The Acquisition professional will be part of the senior leadership team focused on the identification, underwriting, structuring, closing and integration of new, strategic real estate investment/development opportunities.
- Source/Identify a constant flow of value add/opportunistic, redevelopment and ground up development mixed-use investment opportunities for the firm.
- Leverage existing, and develop new trusted relationships with owner/operators, developers, investors, brokers, lenders/bankers, and other marketing sources to generate ongoing lists of qualified investment opportunities.
- Produce best in class underwriting deliverables, and with extreme precision, project complex cash flow, capital structure, IRR and NPV quantitative data for analysis.
- Prepare, lead and deliver analysis/memoranda and recommendations to investment committee.
- Oversee and drive a thorough, detail oriented due diligence process protecting the firm’s risk profile throughout the transaction.
- Take a leadership role in acting as a primary interface in purchase/sale negotiation activities.
- Regularly attend industry functions, conferences and events to represent firm, monitor market/industry deals and continuously generate and apprise firm of valuable business leads.
- Participate in and/or moderate panels, discussions and/or focus groups, within the local, Washington, DC area marketplace.
- BS/BA undergraduate degree. Major in finance, economics and/or other business-related discipline preferred. Master’s/MBA or other real estate graduate degree strongly desired.
- Minimum 10 years of commercial real estate transaction experience. Previous exposure to complex deal structuring; preferably in a private equity/institutional type platform.
- Proven track record of sourcing/closing successful commercial real estate investment opportunities. Experience analyzing/underwriting and structuring complex joint venture/partnership deals.
- Existing book of well-maintained industry relationships comprised primarily of owner/operators, developers and management firms. Investment bankers, attorneys and other brokers/ intermediaries helpful. Strong preference for relationships and market economics within the Washington, DC area.
- Exceptional aptitude and understanding of how development/re-development and/or existing asset acquisition/investment opportunities add value. Proven exposure to urban, mixed-use transit-oriented deals.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Innate ability to develop positive relationships and ability to communicate effectively with audiences at all different levels of experience.
- Exceptionally strong financial/analytical skills. Must be hands on/able to develop/interpret own models. Must be able to oversee, manage and mentor others as well.
- Strong leadership skills with a goal orientation attitude. Genuine desire to persuade and drive consensus.
Compensation program will be comprised of competitive base salary along with short- and long-term incentive programs.
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.