Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE:ARE), an S&P 500® urban office REIT, is the first and longest-tenured owner, operator, and developer uniquely focused on collaborative life science, technology and agtech campuses in AAA innovation cluster locations. Founded in 1994, Alexandria pioneered this niche and has since established a significant market presence in key locations, including Greater Boston, San Francisco, New York City, San Diego, Seattle, Maryland, and Research Triangle. Alexandria is known for its high-quality and diverse tenant base. Alexandria has a longstanding and proven track record of developing Class A properties clustered in urban life science, technology, and agtech campuses that provide its innovative tenants with highly dynamic and collaborative environments that enhance their ability to successfully recruit and retain world-class talent and inspire productivity, efficiency, creativity, and success. For more information, please visit .
We are seeking a Senior Real Estate Analyst in our Seattle office. The incumbent will be a highly skilled individual and will be responsible for supporting the investment team in all aspects of real estate market analysis, asset underwriting, transaction due diligence, and on-going execution of ground-up development projects.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex (including sexual or gender identity), religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, marital or veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or medical condition.
- Perform market research and analyses for properties and markets considered for acquisition, development, or asset management.
- Perform detailed financial analyses and economic modeling including structuring cash flow models and calculation of cash-on-cash yields, IRR, discounted cash flow, and other valuation analyses as needed to assess viability and profitability of potential acquisitions, developments, and dispositions.
- Perform acquisition due diligence activities including but not limited to: financial analysis, title and zoning review, physical building evaluation coordination and review, environmental review, lease review and abstraction, and document review.
- Perform research, analyze, model, write, and present reports on potential growth opportunities, industry trends, policy developments, and competitor activities.
- Participate in projects and assignments related to various departments of the Company, including, but not limited to Leasing, Development, and Asset Services.
- Participate in special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or similar field.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years previous real estate underwriting experience or prior employment in either investment banking or private equity roles required for consideration.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office Suite. Must be able to build complex financial models in Excel from scratch.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in ARGUS preferred, but not required.
- Thorough understanding of financial modeling, including structuring cash flow models and calculation of cash-on-cash yields, IRR analysis and discounted cash flow valuations.
2+ to 5 years