Management position is responsible for overseeing the security and maintenance operations of class A owned regional office buildings in Central and Western New York.
The general responsibilities include:
- Manage regional office building(s) and ground(s) maintenance including snow removal.
- Maintain the security of the facilities and grounds with respect to fire, theft and vandalism
- Negotiate leases, renewals and fit-up needs with existing and potential tenants
- Responsible for on-going tenant/staff/neighbor relations
- Communicate and enforce facility rules and policies
- Conference facility support including basic room setups and AV system setup
- Supplement vendors’ services with respect to minor repairs and maintenance
- Monitor, control, schedule and evaluate performance of building vendors and contracts
- Manage facilities budgeting, long range and renovation planning for the Region
- Provide support for Central NY and Southern Tier facilities
- On-call for emergency special situations outside of general working hours
- May require travel to other NYSUT Statewide office locations
- Miscellaneous responsibilities as assigned
- Experience managing mid-size office buildings
- Ability to work some holidays as needed for building projects
- A college degree in a related field and a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Clean driving record
- Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and security systems, OSHA rules and regulations
- Proven ability to diagnose and rectify building maintenance issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Superintendent of Security & Maintenance (Western NY)
- Skill to complete minor HVAC, electrical, plumbing and general construction repairs
- Flexible schedule Monday through Friday while office buildings are open
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands and be well organized
- Computer skills are necessary
Qualified applicants should submit resume and cover letter by September 21, 2019.
NYSUT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply.
New York State United Teachers is affiliated with the American Federation of Teachers, NEA, AFL-CIO, Representing teachers and other professionals, school related professionals, higher education professionals, health care professionals and retirees.
- Facilities Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job