Related California NorCal Affordable
Related California is seeking a Project Manager for its Northern California Affordable Housing division, Related California NorCal Affordable. The successful candidate will have in-depth, hands on experience in all aspects of multifamily rental housing development, finance and construction. This role will involve a focus on new construction and acquisition/rehabilitation of affordable housing in the Bay Area and Northern California.
The Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of their projects including: entitlements, design, financial analysis and modeling, deal memo preparation, due diligence, legal oversight, budgeting, and construction. This role is a key team position that will provide the candidate with significant professional growth and exposure to all aspects of an affordable housing development. This position will be based in San Francisco, California.
Related California is a full-service real estate firm that has developed over 15,000 units of quality affordable and market-rate multifamily and mixed-use residential properties in California since its inception in 1989. Related California’s projects range from very low and moderate-income homes to high-rise luxury apartments, and all of our properties are designed, built and managed to the highest standards, regardless of the income level served. Related California prides itself on its track record of consistently developing best-in-class communities representing industry standards in design, construction, sustainability and property management.
Parent Company Overview
Related Companies is one of the largest and strongest privately-owned real estate firms in the United States. Formed 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco, South Florida, Abu Dhabi, Shanghai, and Sao Palo and boasts a team of approximately 2,000 professionals. The Company’s existing portfolio of real estate assets, valued at over $15 billion, is made up of best-in-class mixed-use, residential, retail, office, trade show and affordable properties in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets.
- Financial Analysis: Manage project pro forma, development cost and cash flows; research and understand funding sources
- Acquisition: Perform financial analysis and due diligence for new development opportunities, assist in underwriting and cash flow analysis, and respond to Requests for Qualifications or Proposals
- Government Subsidy: Compile detailed financing applications for various state and local funding programs such as low income housing tax credits and tax exempt bonds
- Planning and Design: Manage consultant team, including architect, engineers, energy and other consultants. Oversee deliverables and keep team on track
- Entitlement Processing: Assist with applying for and obtaining land use approvals and building permits. Assist in preparation of community outreach documents, and attend community outreach meetings
- Operations: Prepare budgets and schedules, cash flow projections, deal memorandums, financial forecasts and strategic plans
- Construction: Coordinate loan draws, forecasting project budgets and cash flows, and managing project deliverables. Attend draw meetings and coordinate with construction manager
- Lease up/Marketing: Meet lease up targets, coordinating with property management company
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in real estate, business administration, public policy and planning or a related field
- 3 – 6 years of experience in all aspects of multifamily housing development and finance
- Strong quantitative and MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project skills are a prerequisite
- Strong project management skills, results-driven, with ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Complex thinker of high intelligence and demonstrating strong intellectual curiosity
- Keen attention to detail
- Effective prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- High energy; possessed with drive
- Team player, as well as a self-starter that can perform with limited direction.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills.
- Experience with affordable housing development in California including state financing programs such as MHP, AHP, AHSC housing , LIHTC
Desired, but Not Required Qualifications
- Experience in San Francisco Bay Area
- Knowledge of CEQA, including experience with planning and entitlements processes in California
- Experience with HUD and Public Housing Authority programs
- Masters Degree in related field
- Project Management
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
This job is no longer active.