OVERVIEW OF POSITION: With an eye for detail and a talent for spotting potential, as a Development Associate with Gables Residential you will scout acquisition opportunities and transform them into successful multifamily (and mixed-use) projects. Whether raw land or existing apartment product, you will work with our team to evaluate development opportunities from analysis of each deal through stabilization. Your skills and knowledge of the multifamily industry will be used as you conduct feasibility analyses and complete financial pro-formas. With fine-tuned communication skills, you will act as a liaison to third parties indulging inspection consultants, legal counsel and various government representatives. As a valued member of the Development team, you will assist in coordinating the design of our products, including architecture and land planning, and as a trusted peer you will work with our Marketing team to create an effective marketing program. When you become a Development Associates with Gables, you will develop our product while developing your future.
- Assist the Regional VP in identifying new acquisition opportunities, including raw and improved land for new development, as well as identifying and underwriting acquisition opportunities of existing apartment product.
- Conduct feasibility analyses of deals, including detailed analysis of the market, comps, financial feasibility, land use issues and design. Collect and integrate detailed data to complete financial pro-formas.
- Solicit proposals and negotiate contracts with third parties involved in (a) due diligence activities on land or existing property purchases and (b) design, engineering and inspection consultants and other outside parties.
- Assist the Development and Design teams in coordinating design, including architecture and related disciplines, land planning, landscape architecture and civil engineering.
- Assist the Development team in coordinating all approvals and permitting for projects, working with the Civil Engineer and Legal Counsel.
- Work with Residential Services to develop a marketing program and oversee implementation through stabilization.
- Assist the Development team with financial and accounting functions for the project, including oversight of all project budgets, reviewing and approving all invoices for projects and coordinating with corporate-level finance and accounting areas on the generation of periodic financial statements and reports.
- Stay abreast of market trends with regard to product design, product features, demographics and competitors’ activities, including maintaining a database of information relating to submarket development/construction pipeline data.
- Must have three to five years of multifamily development experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Masters in Business Administration is preferred (or pursuing a M.B.A.) with a concentration in real estate or an Architectural Degree.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.