Riverside Capital, a joint venture of Berkadia and The Michaels Organization, is a full-service tax credit investment company offering capital solutions to developers of high-quality affordable housing. The selected candidate will use specialized knowledge and skills obtained through training, education, and experience to support the Asset Management team to analyze and evaluate assets for institutional clients. Investigate and determine the impact of partnership, financing, as well as real estate issues at the operating partnership level. The Analyst will benefit from working in a collaborative environment with the Acquisition, Fund Management and Investor Relations staff, seeing each investment from project closing to disposition, and will be encourage to actively contribute and generate ideas throughout the life cycle of an asset.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and analysis of construction and lease-up monitoring reports to track construction and lease-up progress. Prepare financial analysis and projections for assets to estimate development budget gaps, and tax credit delivery.
- Review and analysis of quarterly and annual financial reports to track asset performance. Prepare financial analyses and projections for assets to estimate stabilization gaps, ongoing cash flows, and market valuations.
- Analyze and evaluate information to support a number of asset management functions such as release of capital installments, estimates of tax credits and losses, and compliance with partnership agreements.
- Assist with the preparation of written internal and external reports such as operational analyses, watch list write-ups, risk assessments and routine updates.
- Assist in the implementation of new asset management database including the timely receipt and integrity of information collected and stored in Riverside database.
- Assist with the creation of reports from the new asset management database including written specifications and pre-production testing.
- Interact with general partners, property managers, accountants and other third parties to ensure timely reporting in compliance with project agreements, and to resolve problems that could jeopardize the long-term viability of the asset.
- Monitor multifamily market trends, with special attention to affordable housing, to gain an understanding trends in the multifamily industry and performance of comparable properties.
- Create, generate, and maintain monthly and quarterly reports from asset database for internal and external use.
- Travel to properties to conduct annual site visits. Prepare written report assessing quality of management company, physical plant, property and equipment, and market assessment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience in multifamily real estate, community development or other related industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate, accounting or related field preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify issues, draw logical conclusions, and interpret results for use in decision making with limited oversight.
- Strong organizational, multitasking and prioritizing skills.
- Knowledge of or experience in low income housing tax credit (LIHTC).
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong working knowledge of financial modeling.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing to convey information clearly and effectively through formal and informal documents and project a positive, professional image both internally and external with business contacts.
Primarily in an office environment with flexibility to work extra hours as needed.
Occasional travel may be requested.
Company Core Competencies
Has necessary job knowledge and technical skills. Understands duties, responsibilities and company mission/values. Keeps job knowledge current and is in command of critical issues.
Meets commitments, accepts accountability. Handles change, works independently when necessary, sets personal standards, is focused under pressure and meets attendance requirements.
Tackles problems, takes independent action, and seeks new responsibilities, acts on opportunities.
Will generate new ideas and practice self-development.
Attentive to detail and accuracy. Committed to excellence and looks for continuous improvement. Monitors quality, finds cause of and acts to rectify quality problems.
Communicates well both verbally and in writing, sharing accurate information and ideas with others. Has good listening skills.
Meets team deadlines and responsibilities, listens well and values opinions. Helps Team Leader meet goals and promotes a team atmosphere.
Specific Competencies for the Position
Keeps workplace clean and safe, supports safety programs. Promotes both a safe and respectful work environment.
- Accounting / Control
- Asset Management
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.