The Facilities Management Division (FMD) is actively recruiting a commercial real estate professional to manage the County's wireless real estate portfolio. This person must be fluent in the technical jargon commonly employed in the wireless communications industry's lease negotiations. King County is currently a Landlord to approximately 51 leases to commercial carriers and tower operators and is the owner/operator of seven (7) emergency communications self-supported tower structures. The overall portfolio includes towers, rooftops, buildings, DAS and ancillary structures.
This position involves collaboration with multiple business units within the county, including but not limited to; King County Client Agencies, Executive-Level Management, Capital Projects Department, Prosecuting Attorney's Office, King County IT, The Office of Performance, Strategy and Budget, and The King County Council.
This position commands acute expertise in the Wireless Real Estate industry with a focus on lease negotiations, new business development, equipment modifications and asset management. The desired candidate will lead all work with a client-focused lens, provide unparalleled service to all wireless tenants and King County Client Agencies, and have a keen understanding of all aspects of lease negotiations, market trends, and client relationship management.
Why work for King County?
- King County was named "Best-in-State Employer" in the Forbes magazine 2019, ranking 16 on the list of best employers in Washington state!
- King County's initiative to build a workplace where ALL employees can thrive and become the nation's Best Run Government.
- with benefits that support you!
- Negotiate lease agreements from beginning to end on behalf of King County including renewals, amendments and terminations as well as ascertaining risk assessment. For lease agreements that require the approval of The King County Council, this position will create legislation packages in collaboration with several work units in FMD.
- Involvement in the full construction process by working closely with carriers, tower operators or their agents to install new equipment or approve of modifications to existing equipment.
- Review, recommend and implement various real estate agreements/documents in consultation with legal partners and other expert resources.
- Facilitate and manage the leasehold agreement sites and act as liaison between King County Client Agencies and the individual carriers for property management related aspects of the wireless portfolio as required.
- Review, analyze, monitor, and approve complex annual lease operating cost reconciliations, rental increases, late fee calculations and other financial review as required.
- Decommission wireless facilities as required in collaboration with other agencies to ensure liability to King County is properly managed.
- Interpret lease agreements for King County Client Agencies and other collaborating departments at the county. This requires a strong knowledge of lease agreement terminology, context and application.
- Manage special projects as assigned which may require strategy, recommendation, and implementation of new processes and procedures for the Leasing Unit as the market and technology changes and grows.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree (BS/BA) in Business, Communication, Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, or related field, and a minimum of five years of direct lease experience in a wireless real estate setting or an equivalent combination of education and direct lease negotiation experience.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision as well as the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer relations skills
- Must be able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Productivity and results-driven work ethic that can easily adapt to the changing nature of real estate and government priorities
- Strong in organization and acute attention to detail
- Skilled in research, problem solving and solution oriented
- Strong project management skills.
- Understanding of Tower Company agreements and negotiation, previous experience in this area preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Wireless Real Estate industry and market dynamics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of wireless cell tower industry.
- Strategic business planning skills.
- Financial acumen in business case development and cost structure modeling.
- Understanding of legal and zoning considerations.
- Proven ability to manage and influence numerous projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network portfolio and assets.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, presentation and writing skills with experience in large group settings.
- This position is open to all applicants.
- A King County application (paper or electronic) is required.
- We encourage all applicants to include a cover letter and resume with your materials.
- This Career Service position is represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Local 117, Professional and Technical.
- This position is hourly and eligible for overtime.
- The selected candidate must complete an annual Financial Disclosure Statement in accordance with the King County Code of Ethics.
Lani Rosete, Interim Sr. Human Resource Analyst, Facilities Management Division, at 206-477-9389.
- Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
This job is no longer active.