Our client, a prominent commercial real estate owner/developer with a significant footprint in the Washington, DC area, seeks a talented asset management professional to join the organization. With a diversified portfolio of commercial office, retail and multifamily on a national basis, along with an impressive ground up development & redevelopment pipeline presently in execution, the firm is responding to this growth by creating new and exciting roles.
Reporting to the Head of Asset Management, the Director of Asset Management will be responsible for collaborating with other key departments to successfully execute strategic asset and portfolio level business plans, across a variety of assets, aimed at driving optimal financial and operational performance for the Company and their investment partners.
- Develop and lead the execution of asset and portfolio level strategies through financial review and approval, operational oversight and the implementation of best practices.
- Help prepare and interpret detailed cash flow projections and analysis of existing properties, including analysis for proposed lease transactions, capital improvement projects, and refinancing initiatives. Assist in the creation of financial models that analyze the renovation and/or redevelopment opportunities for existing assets.
- Assist in driving/managing the strategic direction on all leasing activity throughout the course of the transaction. Participate in the preparation of quarterly leasing and valuation reports for the Company and various investment partners.
- Oversee property management/operations in the preparation of budgets. Review monthly property management reports to identify, follow-up with, and resolve financial and operational issues.
- Interface with architects, engineers and contractors for capital improvement projects.
- Monitor all commercial real estate geographic market trends relating to asset value, cost and supply/demand fundamentals to continuously review the portfolio for value add, marketing/positioning strategies.
- Collaborate with acquisition and development teams in providing oversight/direction on due diligence activities helping to successfully integrate new acquisition/development transactions into the portfolio.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, economics or other business related discipline required. MBA and/or Graduate degree in Real Estate strongly preferred.
- 5-10 years of progressive responsibility and experience in a sophisticated commercial real estate investment/development environment.
- Proven experience overseeing a variety of commercial (office/retail/industrial) assets. Experience driving capital repositioning and asset level strategies. Exposure to multifamily apartments and mixed-use development/redevelopment projects a plus.
- Exceptional financial/analytical skills with the ability to teach, articulate and communicate to a variety of audiences inside, as well as, outside of the organization. Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel, Argus Enterprise and CoStar
- Proven experience overseeing staff/resources - ability to lead, mentor and delegate.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to understand, interpret and resolve complex business issues.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Positive attitude, team-oriented and genuine interest in a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture/environment.
Compensation will be comprised of a competitive base salary and incentive bonus plan.
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
Apply for this job