Title: Director, Acquisitions
Reports To: Head of Acquisitions
Location: Boston, MA
Our client is a vertically-integrated real estate operating company that provides investment, property, construction and development management and leasing services. For over two decades, the company has consistently created value through the acquisition, management and disposition of diverse real estate investments across primarily the United States.
Our client is seeking a Director, Acquisitions to oversee the acquisition of multifamily and commercial assets in the Boston market. The successful candidate will collaborate with executive leadership to lead the platform and will assist in the leadership of various strategic investment and development efforts throughout the organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Source and screen potential investments relative to investment criteria.
- Own and oversee the execution of all analytical and underwriting aspects including market research, due diligence, assumptions and proforma modeling, and business plan development.
- Function as a team leader in Boston region
- Lead and coordinate due diligence on new investments.
- Conceptualize and manage value add strategy for (re)development projects.
- Support all transaction aspects including financing, structuring, negotiating and closing.
- Manage interfaces and communications with potential outside capital partners and lenders; ensure compliance with critical partnership, mortgage and loan documents.
- As needed, assist asset management and capital-raising professionals in valuations, investment summaries and presentations.
Skills & Competencies
- BA/BS required; Advanced Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of related real estate experience.
- Demonstrated ability to originate and close complex real estate investments transactions within the Boston/Northeast territory with significant experience in the multifamily residential sector, operational experience a plus.
- Exceptional real estate finance skill set including the ability to oversee/collaborate on complex deal modeling in Excel and ARGUS.
- Broad understanding of real estate product types, the development/redevelopment process and real estate economics.
- Excellent Boston market real estate industry relationships.
- Ability to assemble and lead successful teams both internally and externally as needed.
- Experience working with joint venture partners, and various investment structures and related governing documents preferred.
- Must have a high degree of intellectual capital and integrity.
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job