Avistone, a rapidly growing national commercial real estate investment firm, is seeking a high-energy, experienced and detail-oriented assistant property management professional who will assume hands-on responsibility for overseeing its 1 million square foot commercial business park portfolio located in the North Atlanta area.The successful candidate will have superior tenant relations, analytical, budgeting,written communication and management skills.The Assistant Property Manager will work with a high degree of independence and repport to the Property Manager.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES:
Performs administrative tasks in support of Property Management. Addresses and resolves tenant issues and complaints, oversees any necessary construction, assists in marketing the property, and manages the financial aspects of the business. Makes decisions with a clear understanding of company policies and procedures, as well as all applicable State and Federal regulatory/compliance requirements. Is accountable to achieving established business goals within expected timelines. Is expected to role-model Avistone’s core values. Key areas of responsibility include: answering tenant and vendor calls, dispatching tenant work order requests, assisting with preparation of monthly and quarterly management reports, preparing vendor contracts and processing invoices.
Specific duties include:
- Correspond with tenants and vendors as a key point of contact.
- Prepare and process tenant documents and lease-related correspondence from corporate templates, such as lease documents and rent commencement agreements.
- Code and process accounts payable for all properties and follow up with vendors on receipt of invoices and billing issues.
- Ensure timely collection of rents.
- Prepare and negotiate vendor contracts.
- Approve expenditures.
- Work directly with tenant in arrears to collect outstanding balances owed and/or negotiate payment plans, while keeping detailed and updated notes on progress of collection and updates variance related to delinquencies on monthly reports.
- Prepare tenant bill-backs.
- Assist in the monthly preparation of monthly reports.
- Assist with preparation of the annual budget.
- Track tenant and vendor Certificates of Insurance for compliance.
- Prepare and monitor preventative maintenance contracts for HVAC – per tenant leases.
- Enter tenant service requests and track through web based work order system.
- Keep tenant and vendor contact list updated.
- Write and communicate vendor work schedules.
- Coordinate tenant move-ins and move outs.
- Show vacant spaces as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned or required.
- Ensure a safe work environment for tenants and vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Strong Working Knowledge of:
- Property management
- Cost control procedures: including cash management and waste controls
- Safe work habits and procedures
- Supervising vendors
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment on significant matters that have a real impact on our investments and tenant business.
- Comprehend, analyze and interpret documents.
- Solve problems and provide practical options in various situations.
- Prepare and maintain simple records and reports.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with tenants, team members, Corporate office employees, vendors or other agencies.
- Follow written and verbal instructions from Corporate Headquarters.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook software to accomplish work objectives.
- Use company operating systems, including accounting, timekeeping and any other company software.
- Must be a self-starter, self-disciplined and highly organized.
- Must possess intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to lift or move boxes weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent phone, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to be flexible and be team-oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Knowledge of MRI is a plus.
Part of the workday will be spent in a temperature controlled management office, handling paperwork. The remainder of working hours may be spent visiting different buildings owned by the company.
- A significant amount of physical activity (walking, climbing stairs, etc.) is required daily.
- Flexibility is required in terms of working hours, since many tenant inquiries and issues may need to be addressed in the evenings or on weekends.
- May handle or be exposed to sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Is expected to maintain composure when dealing with the team, tenants and vendors, occasionally under conditions of urgency and/or pressure situations.
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.