About EMPIRE TODAY®
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 metropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.
This position is for team player working in our Real Estate & Facilities Department as a Sr. Facilities Specialist with primary focus on the corporate headquarters office in Northlake IL and assisting with delivering facility management services, maintenance and repairs to our markets across the United States.
- Ensuring the building HVAC mechanical, washrooms, and electrical systems are in good working order and that maintenance programs are adhered too.
- Ensure that the building(s) are secure and safe, putting the safety of our employees first is paramount.
- Responsible for coordinating moves, adds, and changes.
- Ability to create comparable RFP bids for acquisition of products and services supporting the Empire Today facilities.
- Clear understanding of construction projects and project management of the same.
- Monitors the parking policy at the HQ Northlake facility.
- Responsible for assisting internal and external resources with various requests including but not limited to: inclement weather events, insurance requirements, utility setups and terminations, general repairs, new racking set ups and repairs, janitorial services, vending services, coffee/water services, security, HVAC, signage, snow removal, landscaping, docks, pest control, furniture, signage, restoration, facility management supplies, and fire/life safety for local and national requests.
- Ability to assist and be the primary back-up for the Sr. Facility Manager.
- Provide/create cost savings wherever/whenever possible.
- Assignment of special responsibilities, tasks and duties as required.
- Occasional travel 5%-10% to oversee large projects or site relocations
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelors or associate degree in business administration, facilities management, technical studies or equivalent Five (5) years to (7) years of technical Facilities experience preferably in Flex warehouse/office space.
- CFM – Certified Facilities Manager designation or equivalent.
- Team player willing to contribute wherever necessary to ensure group success.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good leadership, ability to think logically and make sensible decisions.
- Creative thinker, ability to think outside of the box.
- Ability to communicate and work across multiple business disciplines including the C-suite.
- Demonstrates initiative and reflects a sense of urgency in daily tasks and duties by meeting or improving upon deadlines.
- Basic understanding of computer software programs and base building systems, MS Office, and AutoCAD not required but a plus
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented orally and in writing including leases and contracts.
- High organization skills. Detail orientated.
Employees are eligible for numerous benefits including:
- Quick enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- A premium 401K Investment Plan, with the company matching your amount invested dollar for dollar up to 4% with no vesting.
- Find another Company that can beat that!
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family’s health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance – Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program – A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
- Empire Perks – An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies’ world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
- Facilities Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job