WHO WE ARE
At EPR properties, our investment strategies are long-term and knowledge-driven. The same can be said about our employees. We invest in the best and brightest, those with unique industry knowledge and specialized talents. Our teams are small, creative, and full of collaboration.
POSITION AT A GLANCE
This role is responsible for the Asset Management function with a focus on maximizing the performance and value of EPR’s real estate portfolio.
- Effectively lead 3 direct reports and a total group of 5 asset management professionals.
- Formulate and execute strategies to maximize overall performance of EPR’s real estate portfolio including re-investment, rezoning, redevelopment, out parcel sales and property dispositions.
- Lead the portfolio review process for each sub-segment and implement recommendations to maximize long-term portfolio value.
- Lead the approval process through the RAM committee, Investment Committee and/or the Board of Trustees, as required, for significant transactions involving in-service properties.
- Lead the negotiation of lease modifications for in-service properties in partnership with EPR’s Acquisitions group.
- In partnership with EPR’s Lease Operations group, ensure that amounts due from tenants are collected on a timely basis.
- In partnership with EPR’s Legal team, lead the Asset Management group in the work out process (e.g. restructure, evict, foreclose, etc.) for tenants unable to financially perform.
- Lead the preparation, implementation and review of property level budgets and business plans for multi-tenant properties in partnership with EPR Finance group.
- Partner with Lease Operations group to review property level financials and ensure that data is properly captured in EPR’s databases for tenant performance.
- Lead the preparation of annual credit reviews of significant tenants for which EPR is not pursuing additional investment (active tenants are reviewed by Underwriting group).
- Lead EPR’s Asset Management group efforts to enforce tenants’ lease obligations to maintain real estate assets.
- Communicate effectively with executives and peers on business decisions impacting the value of the real estate asset and tenant relationships.
- Communicate effectively with other EPR groups such as Acquisitions, Legal, Accounting and Underwriting departments to ensure all parties have the necessary asset management information to do their jobs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Real Estate or related field
- CFA, CPA JD or master’s degree preferred
- 15 - 20 years relevant experience
- Prior experience in successfully leading a team of employees required
- Experience in Real Estate Asset Management required
- Experience in lease negotiation, development, and property management preferred
- Experience in retail real estate required and lodging asset experience preferred
- Experience in real estate work outs and restructuring required
WE TAKE PRIDE IN OUR TEAM
We know that collaboration is key, and our team wouldn’t be successful without the individuals who compose it. That’s why celebrating our employees is one of our seven core values. Hard work demands to be recognized, and our people are the reason we’ve seen substantial growth throughout the company’s history.
We are committed to the professional development and personal growth of our employees, but we don’t just talk the talk. By focusing on cultivating a collaborative company culture and offering generous benefits, we attract and retain top talent from all over the country.
To apply and learn more about our generous benefits, please visit EPR's career page at eprkc.com/who-we-are/careers/
- Asset Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job