Vice President/Senior Associate – Real Estate Loan Origination
Direct Lending Fund
New York, NY
Our firm is a leading credit investment and specialty finance firm with a focus on the government sector. Since our founding over 20 years ago, we have advised and structured more than $20 billion of transactions. The firm’s experienced management team has a successful track record of creating exclusive and often proprietary financing solutions for our partners that are sustainable through multiple economic cycles.
In response to rapid firm growth and the expansion of its real estate loan program, the firm is seeking an experienced Real Estate Construction Loan Originator. Reporting to the Co-Head(s) of the fund, the Originator will work side- by-side with seasoned professionals on a substantial volume of transactions. The originator is expected to travel and interact with a wide range of industry participants. In addition, the Originator will be researching and reaching out to developers nationwide to build relationships. This role requires a self-motivated, team player who has strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a fast- moving environment with excellent management and business literacy skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong industry contacts to support loan origination
- Prepare quotes and application packages & term sheets
- Interface with senior management, underwriting team, and developers/owners as needed
- Develop relationships with Sr lenders
- The ideal candidate will have development experience and will currently be employed as an originator originating loans either at traditional bank, a fund, an investment bank, or a broker.
- Minimum of 3-4 years relevant experience in real estate construction lending/credit origination.
- Direct experience in construction lending
- Balance sheet underwriting ideal, but not required
- Prior experience with originating mezzanine or bridge loans
- Strong industry contacts specifically with developers
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Argus
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and business writing skills
- Highest level of personal integrity, ethical standards and judgment
- Strong personal initiative and desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment
- Able to be highly productive in a fast paced, transaction-oriented department
- Experience with various debt products including mezzanine and permanent financing
- Understanding and/or exposure to the capital markets
- Undergraduate degree in finance, real estate, and/or related field MBA preferred but not required
- Ability to travel frequently
- Healthcare / Benefits (401K, medical, dental, vision, among others)
- Business Development
- Capital Markets
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job