Business Department: Private Real Estate
Location: Broomfield, US
Partners Group is a global private markets investment manager, serving over 900 institutional investors. We have USD 91 billion in assets under management and more than 1,300 professionals across 20 offices worldwide. We realize potential in private markets by financing and developing great companies, desirable real estate and essential infrastructure. We create value in our investments through active and long-term responsible ownership.
What it's about
In this position, you will be part of a dynamic and growing global real estate asset management team within a large, established investment platform. Your responsibilities will include working closely with team members and local operating partners in order to drive the performance of real estate investments in all property sectors.
- Drive investment performance from deal execution through disposition for assets with complex investment strategies focusing on developments and major redevelopment/repositioning projects, in conjunction with local operating partners, leasing/sales agents, and technical consultants
- During underwriting, evaluate risk related to project budget, schedule, entitlements and design
- Drive value creation and minimize risk across all phases of the development process including programming, planning, design and development in conjunction with operating partners and consultants
- Work with the project team to anticipate and avoid issues, but where needed troubleshoot to resolve financial, design, scheduling and other challenges that may arise
- Drive the creation of quality assets that operate efficiently considering life-cycle performance and cost effectiveness of design and material selection
- Ensure the assets incorporate appropriate commercial resilience in the base design, for example through the inclusion of future looking technology requirements, place-making and other emerging design trends, to withstand and adapt to changes in the market
- Drive joint venture partners to implement sustainability solutions that are also commercially viable, including striving to achieve new benchmarks in LEED/BREEAM/WELL, etc.
- Evaluate financial implications of major decisions including tenant selection, lease negotiations, debt terms, hold/sell analyses and make recommendations to Investment Committee
What we expect
In this position, we are looking for a person who works well in an entrepreneurial organization, who is a self-starter and possesses strong networking and organization skills. The successful candidate should have the following profile:
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in real estate, engineering, architecture, construction management or similar subject preferred
- At least 8 years of relevant industry experience preferably at a real estate operator/developer, construction consulting firm, or asset manager
- Demonstrated leadership managing large ground up development projects and major renovation projects
- Working knowledge of all aspects of entitlements, permitting, design and construction and how these relate to market or tenant requirements
- Ability to analyse and communicate financial implications of various scenarios during development (major leases, scope/budget changes, hold/sell, etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships across broad range of parties including contractors, joint venture partners, city officials, and institutional capital providers.
- Experience with LEED/BREEAM certified projects, including the attainment of new benchmarks
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving ability, with strong attention to detail
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work in a team-oriented environment
- Travel required; projects located in various markets nationally
What we offer
Partners Group is a global financial institution that retains the culture, pace and agility of a start-up. As a growing firm, we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best talent, by offering a workplace where results are truly recognized and rewarded. We offer a fantastic opportunity for you to grow:
- Professional, international working environment
- Challenging, rewarding career within a growing company
- Collaborative environment, with on-the-job training and mentorship opportunities
- Competitive benefits and wellness package, including medical, dental and vision coverage with employee premiums paid by the Company and subsidized for any dependents
- 401k (Roth and pre-tax options) with company match
- 25 vacation days and 12 holidays annually
- One month sabbatical after every five years of service
- Company paid life and disability insurance
- Competitive compensation package, including performance based annual incentives
- Education assistance program
- Lunch stipend
- Fun office and team events, including volunteer opportunities to connect with and help our local communities
Make an impact on the organization by taking a lead role in the growth of our US business. Our working environment is humble, inclusive and transparent, and the structure of the firm is flat.
At Partners Group, we thrive on new ideas for the benefit of our clients, our employees and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and support diversity of perspectives.
- Project Management
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
10+ to 15 years