REGIONAL SERVICE MANAGER
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL PROPERTY MANAGER
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Regional Service Manager is a multi-faceted leader who oversees operations of multiple on-site maintenance teams throughout a specific portfolio. In this role, the RSM will lead a team of Maintenance Supervisors, manage asset preservation to satisfy ownership and management objectives, oversee capital improvements and vendor relations, ensure compliance with company standards & systems, and participate in the development and oversight of annual maintenance financial plans for the portfolio. The RSM will deliver exemplary customer service with interacting with all team members, residents, owners, vendors, and corporate employees. The RSM will also work with the Regional Property Manager and Director of Multi Family Operations to identify, create, and implement corporate initiatives and maintenance best practices across Chartwell Management’s entire real estate portfolio.
• Partner with Regional Property Manager to evaluate portfolio needs and execute maintenance plans as necessary
• Ensure Maintenance Supervisors have the resources and direction needed to execute at the highest level possible
• Facilitate progress meetings with Maintenance Supervisors to review property standing, personal and team performance, set expectations, and recalibrate goals as necessary
• Conduct site visits to mentor the on-site teams, review logs, review any on-going projects, and inspect shops and assess overall curb appeal
• Set goals for preventative maintenance, work order completion, customer service reviews, and monitor performance at each property providing monthly updates to Regional Property Manager and quarterly updates to Director of Multi Family Operations
• Assist in the development of annual maintenance budgets and monitor the performance of each property ensuring maintenance expenses are being controlled and budget expectations met
• Act as a resource for the Maintenance Supervisors to evaluate the effectiveness of each on-site maintenance team member, assist in the design of employee recognition programs, and team member development plans
• Create a bench of talent as a result of development plans for future promotional opportunities
• Oversee the recruiting and initial interviewing of Maintenance Supervisors for the properties and present viable candidates to the Property Managers for final interviewing and approval
• Ensure all Maintenance team members’ training within the assigned portfolio is up to date on company, local, state, and OSHA standards
• Attend on-going training to enhance leadership skills
ASSET PRESERVATION & IMPROVEMENT:
• Partner with Maintenance Supervisors to ensure work orders are being addressed in a timely and accurate manner reviewing work order completion weekly, monthly, and quarterly per site
• Periodically inspect vacant units and ensure the units are being made ready per Chartwell Management standards and that unit turnover checklists are being utilized
• Review preventative maintenance schedules monthly with Maintenance Supervisor confirming all PM tasks are being completed as required
• Review vendor/contractor performance with the Maintenance Supervisors to confirm vendors are completing contracted work within set completion dates and to company standards
• Complete quarterly property inspections to confirm curb appeal is at an acceptable level and to identify any areas in need of maintenance or improvement and complete required standardized reporting
• Ensure applicable properties are compliant with all HUD and local housing authority guidelines and requirements and are prepared for all related inspections, i.e. REAC and MOR
CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS & VENDOR RELATIONS:
• Identify areas of need for capital improvements, develop scopes of work and budgets for the projects, and ensure satisfactory completion
• Keep accurate records of completed, proposed, and long-term capital projects
• Solicit bids for major capital improvement projects on the sites approaching all vendor negotiations with local/state/national vendors with the goal to achieve best pricing for materials, products, and services
• When applicable, negotiate multi-property contracts to realize economies of scale and savings
• Ensure that all capital project bids are current and re-solicit bids that have expired prior to project proposal or approval
• Evaluate vendors’ work on capital projects and provide management/owners with progress reports regularly
CORPORATE INITIATIVES & BEST PRACTICES:
• The RSM will work in conjunction with the Director of Operations and the Regional Property Manager to develop and implement corporate initiatives and best practices as outlined by the DOR.
• High School diploma or GED
• 5-8 years of supervisor/management experience
• 5-8 years of maintenance experience
• Proficiency in Office 365 suite
• Certifications: EPA 608
A Career with Chartwell Offers:
•Competitive base wage with a generous rent discount program.
•An industry-leading benefits package including medical and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage, and 401(k).
•Outstanding work environment with potential for long-term growth as we add new communities throughout the country.
About Chartwell Management
Founded in 2000, Chartwell Holdings is a real estate firm focused on the investment in and management of multi-family communities. Currently owning and operating over 6,000 units throughout the Southeast, Chartwell is quickly becoming one of the leading privately owned multi-family real estate firms in the region. Chartwell was founded on the notion– more...that “home” is one of the most comforting aspects of our lives. Our apartment communities are places that people take pride in calling home.
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job