Plaza Equity Partners ( Plaza ) is seeking to hire a Development and Finance Associate to assist the principals of the firm with all aspects of running a market-leading real estate development company. Plaza has a 30-year track record of developing quality real estate projects, including some of South Florida s most iconic condominium buildings. In addition, Plaza is the managing partner of one of Miami s newest and largest commercial developments, the Magic City Innovation District.
The Development and Finance Associate role is suited toward a motivated individual who is seeking a fast-paced and unstructured environment. Candidates at a minimum will be expected to accomplish the following:
-Perform in-depth financial analysis for complex real estate transactions (acquisitions, ground-up-phased development, value add, etc.) for mixed-use projects including multifamily rental, residential condominium, hospitality, retail, office, and industrial.
-Create dynamic financial models with sensitivity analyses and transaction-based presentations to assist principals, partners and investors in the decision-making process.
-Conduct market research, underwrite, review and present potential transactions and larger ground up development opportunities in an efficient manner.
-Assist in the asset management of the existing portfolio and operational matters inherent in an entrepreneurial real estate environment.
Candidates should have broad-based analytical skills, superior capabilities in cash flow modeling, sound research abilities and outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- A Bachelor's degree is required, with a preference for candidates concentrating in real estate, finance and/or accounting.
- Approximately 2 to 5 years of related experience with exposure to the commercial real estate industry.
- Exceptional financial analysis and modeling skills utilizing Microsoft Excel. Proficient in additional programs including MS Word, MS Power Point and Argus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively meet deadlines and ownership s expectations.
- Team player with the ability to act proactively and to work independently and under pressure in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Working knowledge of joint venture partnerships, various investment structures and basic contract legal issues.
- Outstanding level of attention to detail, accountability, integrity and ethics.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and a positive minded individual with strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Financial Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.