Vice President of Marketing
Inspired by the luxury hospitality industry and an overwhelming interest in a healthy, active lifestyle, Benchmark Wellness Management is pioneering the development of all-new, wellness-focused urban living alternatives for the burgeoning 55+ population. A subsidiary of Benchmark, the Northeast’s leading senior living firm founded in 1997 by Tom Grape, Benchmark Wellness Management is led by President and COO Denise McQuaide. Denise is a respected gerontologist and entrepreneurial industry executive who specializes in weaving health care and wellness best practices into innovative and highly desirable living alternatives. Benchmark Wellness Management is actively engaged in identifying urban locations for new developments nationwide and is currently developing a 24-story, age-restricted, luxury urban high-rise in Center City Philadelphia.
Benchmark Wellness Management is now seeking a VP of Marketing who will be responsible for the strategic planning and positioning, marketing and sales and public relations for all Benchmark Wellness Management (BWM) communities, The VP will coordinate and lead the marketing of BMW’s new projects including, but not limited to, research, branding, external and internal communication, media relations, community relations, crisis communications, special events and publicity. The VP will be responsible for setting and achieving goals in accordance with established projections and ultimately the successful ‘sales’/fill up of the adult living, independent living, assisted living and healthcare component of each BMW community. The VP will also provide counsel to and serve as a resource for Benchmark senior team and collaborating organizations.
In this newly created position in BWM, the VP will need to assess and establish the organization’s brand and develop the appropriate marketing programs as well as manage consulting relationships related to the position’s scope of responsibility.
- Minimum BA/BS with concentration in marketing, communications or relevant discipline
- Minimum 10 years in marketing senior housing/retirement housing
- Experience in health care marketing and/or real estate sales to mature market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of digital marketing, social media and SEO
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic thinking skills.
- Proven experience with designing sales programs, special events and community- building and integration programs
- Public speaking experience
- Experience working with the media, advertising/design/public relations agencies, web developers, social media strategists, photographers etc.
- Proficient in the use of pertinent computer applications, such as CRM (Enquire); CMS; Excel; project management platforms, such as Smartsheet
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Available to travel
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage sales strategies and staff to meet occupancy and revenue goals.
- Develop and direct marketing and communications programs for the organization, including the creation of appropriate materials and programs in support of sales and marketing activities.
- Identify new industry developments and business development alternatives that will ensure BWM maintains a competitive advantage in the marketplace. Construct business plans for new and existing programs as needed. Implement plans, track and evaluate their performance, ensuring successful outcomes.
- Lead all positioning and image enhancement efforts, including the development, implementation and progress reporting of an annual marketing plan.
- Build a brand identity in conjunction with senior management. Subsequently implement a comprehensive marketing, internal and external communication program and public relations plan to convey the organization’s identity, message and strengths to all appropriate constituencies.
- Maintain integrity of organization’s brand. Advise leadership on maintaining consistency of the brand in the organization’s operations. Ensure proper use of logo, and that consistent style, image and message is maintained in all communications, advertising and promotional materials.
- Play key role in developing the organization’s strategic plan with other senior staff.
- Create a proactive and responsive media relations function. Act as spokesperson as appropriate.
- Develop advertising strategy and ensure effective placement of all advertising for the organization and its individual programs in appropriate venues.
- Direct market research activities, both quantitative and qualitative, to attain necessary data and analysis in support of marketing programs and initiatives.
- Assist in the development and implementation of business/growth strategies and marketing plans for housing and clinical products and services.
- Create and manage a marketing and sales information system, including coordination of market research and maintenance of marketing and planning databases with internal and external sources.
- In conjunction with senior management, assist as needed with governmental relations activities for state, city and county organizations.
- Become active with appropriate professional and community organizations.
- Establish and manage an industry-leading internet presence for BMW and its projects.
- Select, train and manage sales, marketing and communications staff.
- Develop and manage departmental budget.
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job