Black Creek Group is an experienced real estate investment management firm that has bought or built approximately $18 billion of investments over its 25-year history. The company manages diverse investments across the spectrum of commercial real estate – including office, industrial, retail and multifamily.
The company has nine offices across North America with more than 300 professionals. Black Creek Group offers a range of investment solutions for both institutional and wealth management channels.
Black Creek Group is a place for people who are driven to achieve, are never content with the status quo and who value collaboration and communication. We believe that if you love your job, it doesn’t feel like work.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at or our LinkedIn Page at .
The AVP, Multifamily Asset Management will lead asset management for our growing multifamily portfolio. This position will partner closely with our SVP Acquisitions on the implementation of the overall strategy and is responsible for maximizing value of the portfolio through developing and executing business plans. This is an opportunity to join us on the “ground floor” of our multifamily portfolio and as such, we are looking for someone who can drive value creation and outperformance through oversight of property operations, leasing and capital deployment.
- Execute the investment strategy and business plan for each asset in the portfolio and coordinate with the appropriate internal and external teams to maximize property income, cash flow, and long-term value.
- Be the expert in each market where properties are assigned. Maintain a strong knowledge of the market conditions, including the competitive apartment communities, development pipeline, current and future trends in demographics, and any other pertinent economic drivers that could impact asset performance.
- Provide strategy, direction and oversight for property management teams in an effort to maximize top line revenues and to ensure appropriate cost control measures are achieved.
- Responsible for all capital expenditures within the portfolio, including oversight of, and guidance to, internal and third-party construction managers.
- Assist in managing and executing the annual budget process. This includes overseeing the timeline, preparation and completion of annual business plans, including revenue and expense budgets, marketing plans, and valuation models.
- Assist in the review of valuation models and take part in the acquisition and disposition process, supporting due diligence efforts for select investments as directed.
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of management reporting on the portfolio. Prepare regular updates on asset performance for senior management and investors including business plans and all monthly/quarterly reports and disclosures.
- Utilize Argus and Excel to manage cash flow, distribution analysis and investment projections.
- Visit all properties within the portfolio on a regular basis to coordinate efforts with third party property managers.
Experience and Qualifications Needed
- 5+ years’ experience in asset management with a focus in multifamily
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of real estate finance principles
- Proficiency in Excel and Argus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to travel 50%+
- Asset Management
5+ to 7 years