Lowe is a leading national real estate company, privately owned by a group of active and retired employees, with 47 years of real estate investment, development and management experience. We uncover and deliver value beyond what might be expected from a traditional real estate company. We value collaboration and partnership with others, welcoming new ideas and perspectives. Since 1972, Lowe has acquired, developed or managed in excess of $29 billion in real estate assets as we pursue our mission to build value in real estate by creating innovative, lasting environments and meaningful experiences that connect people and place. We are headquartered in Los Angeles and have regional offices in Oakland, San Diego, Irvine, Denver, Seattle, Charleston and Washington, DC.
- Provide project development functions for large-scale mixed-use, office, retail and residential development projects in the Eastern Region, including Washington, DC.
- Responsible for the day to day project management activities of the external and internal team for the completion of design, pre-construction, permit, incoming utility service, construction, and construction document compliance.
- Support the project Development Manager for the completion of pre-development, entitlements, programming, marketing, financing and public/private partnership compliance activities.
- Provide ongoing assistance in the underwriting and analysis of new business pursuits.
Primary Project Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide on-site project management on assigned projects.
- Oversight and coordination necessary to facilitate implementation of the project in conformance with the approved development plans.
- Support development team with transactional activities and preparation of documentation as required by purchase, ownership, lender, lease, or other similar agreements.
- Create and maintain tracking logs for the project.
- Prepare and update the schedule for all development team activities associated with property purchase, financing, pre-development, design, and permitting.
- Manage the selection of architects, engineers, consultants and contractors through preparation and management of the SOQ/RFQ/RFP process, proposal evaluations, scope review, and contract negotiations.
- Manage general contractor’s performance of the work in accordance with established schedule requirements for all pre-construction, construction, and commissioning activities.
- Manage the permitting process to procure site, building, and other related development permits.
- Manage the utility services process to procure incoming utility services (power, gas, water, sanitary sewer, etc.).
- Responsible for development program integration into the scope, schedule, and budget.
- Manage budgets, requisitions, value engineering items, disbursements, change orders, requests for additional services and other monetary and financial matters
- Assist accounting with the management of all draws, budgets, invoices, record keeping, reporting, project tracking, and economic performance through project disposition
- Responsible for implementing and managing construction commissioning and transition to property operations team
- Responsible to ensure proper documentation and delivery of project close out requirements including warranties, operations and maintenance manuals, as build drawings, final sign off of punch lists, and final releases of liens
- Responsible to coordinate with risk manager and ensure insurance obligations are being met by Lowe and all 3rd party service providers.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly reports.
- Assist and participate in responding to new business opportunities for build-to-suit and investment development projects in conjunction with Lowe’s development and acquisition associates.
- Assist with the underwriting for new investment acquisition development opportunities including physical site feasibility, schedule, and budgeting.
- Excellent written and oral communication capabilities which demonstrate superior interpersonal and team-building skills in managing internal and external client, consultant and contractor relationships.
- Ability to manage high-quality relationships with current and prospective clients and partners, vendors and consultants, and other members of the business community in accordance with Lowe’s mission statement and core values.
- Demonstrate sound and reasoned judgment, promote high quality execution of work product and deliverables by the team, and act with the highest ethical standards and integrity.
- Knowledge and familiarity with local market conditions, permitting process, consultant and construction resources in the District of Columbia a plus.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills appropriate both for project settings and for interaction with profit center personnel.
- Ability and willingness to think and act strategically with focus on Lowe’s contractual obligations and revenues.
- Project management experience and skills involving development projects of significant size, complexity, and of institutional quality.
- Experience negotiating Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) contracts with general contractors with emphasis on risk mitigation for clients and Lowe.
- Superior knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, and Smartsheets.
- Ability to analyze documents, and manage construction budgets and cash flow related to development projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in either construction management, civil engineering, architecture or equivalent work experience. MBA or higher education preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of project / construction management experience involving estimating, scheduling, on-site management, and contracting with an emphasis on large-scale multifamily and urban mixed-use development projects.
- Accreditation as a LEED AP, or experience with LEED certified projects is highly desirable.
- Real estate or industry trade organization involvement a plus.
- Community or charitable involvement preferred.
- Business Development
- Project Management
This job is no longer active.