Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and administer assigned areas of DWSCO Accounting, including directing the work of exempt level DWSCO Accountants.
- Ensure general ledgers are maintained in conformity with Shorenstein’s policies and procedures and in compliance with established internal controls.
- Prepare consolidations of assigned entities and their affiliate entities, ensuring eliminations, minority interests and company equity are computed and presented accurately.
- Prepare designated calculations and roll-forwards of investments in unconsolidated real estate ventures, security investments, company equity, minority interest and other balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare, and/or review and approve reconciliations of balance sheet and income statement accounts including bank reconciliations and related schedules for assigned entities.
- Prepare annual budgets on a cash basis for assigned entities. Review and update monthly forecasts, based on budgets, as needed to reflect changing circumstances, provide variance explanation for notable differences that reflect changes in business activity.
- Prepare 6-year net cash forecast reports (NCFs) that demonstrate understanding of business practices and forecast assumptions.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with other business groups so as to effectively resolve discrepancies in forecast inputs received from those business groups.
- Prepare or review designated sections of the audit packages and financial statements in compliance with GAAP, ensuring a minimal number of audit adjustments. Provide guidance to the Accountant in the preparation of the audit package and financial statements.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting or related field from a four-year college or university.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting issues, procedures and practices as evidenced by a minimum of 5 years of experience in a related function. Experience with a national accounting firm and/or real estate investment/commercial property management highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively direct the work of staff as evidenced by 1 year of experience in a related function.
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of factors in situations where only limited standardization exists. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Ideal Experience & Credentials:
- Yardi experience highly desirable.
- Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A.) designation preferred.
- Accounting / Control
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.